We're building the one-stop shop for creator finances.
Your favorite digital creators—the ones you follow every day on YouTube, Instagram, TikTok or Twitch—aren’t just extraordinarily talented personalities and community builders. They’re also businesses. That means they have business needs—managing revenues, expenses, savings, credit, banking. We’re building products that help creators spend less time worrying about finances so they can focus on creating.
We’re looking for the first Account Manager(s) to provide exceptional and timely services to the creator community. This role will report directly to John Young (Head of Books & Tax) and will be an integral part of maintaining client relations, setting expectations, serving as a project manager across cross-functional service delivery teams (onboarding, book, tax, and special projects), and overall being a contributor to the Books & Tax team.
What you’ll do:
- Interface heavily through email, text, and phone with creators engaged for professional services with Karat.
- Maintain revenue metrics for assigned rosters of creators and identify opportunities for upsell or engagement revisions.
- Cross-functional collaboration with internal teams for status updates, tracking, and serving as a liaison when needed for information requests and escalations.
- Build deep relationships with assigned creators and circle of trust and confidence.
- Set up creator NPS surveys to obtain creator feedback and sentiment and Quarterly Review processes to set up ongoing touchpoints.
- Monitor and acknowledge inbound communications channels from creators and resolve questions using internal resources or in partnership with cross-functional teams.
- Identify areas of improvement based on creator feedback and share with services and product teams.
What you’ll need:
- 3+ years in a direct client-facing role as a Customer Success / Accounting Management / Sales (experience within an accounting or other professional services firm a plus!)
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with clients of varying financial acumen.
- Startup experience with the ability to navigate a fast-changing environment and build things from the ground up.
- Excellent multitasker and time management - handle multiple streams of inbound requests and several open tasks at a time while pending creator responses.
- Proactive - Can be forward-thinking to address upcoming issues or set clear expectations with creators so they understand timelines and service processes.
- Obsession customer service experiences through resourceful problem solving and striving to provide white-glove/concierge services.
- Experience utilizing project management tools: (Asana, Karbon, etc.), Ticketing Tools (ZenDesk, Intercom, etc.), Knowledge Databases (Notion, Asana, etc.), and CRM tools (Salesforce, HubSpot, etc.)
Nice to have:
- Exposure to bookkeeping/tax/accounting functions and knowledge of basic fundamental financial processes.
- Prior experience managing a book of professional services business, tracking revenue, and other key metrics, and driving increased revenue in books of clients.
The salary range for this role is between $100,000 - $120,000 annual base.
- Huge opportunity. The creator economy is booming and is currently valued at $250 billion despite zero infrastructure for creator banking. It’s our race to lose.
- Fascinating problems. We reduce financial risk so creators can take creative risks. The work you do in building a creator bank quite literally impacts contemporary culture.
- The right team. We’ve worked at the largest investment banks (Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley), investment managers (Blackstone, TPG), and social networks (Instagram). We started this company to leverage our experiences to help creators.
- Culture. We love hanging out with board games, delicious dinners, and brisk hikes as much as we enjoy delving into personal philosophy, management theory, and nitty gritty business details. Don't be afraid to bring yourself to work!
- Resources and growth. We’re well capitalized from top investors like Signal Fire and Union Square Ventures; CEOs from YouTube, Twitter, Wealthfront, and CAA; and investors including Twitch co-founder Kevin Lin, Y Combinator, CRV, and Coatue. We keep a lean team, and this is a rare opportunity to join. You’ll learn a lot, build foundational products, and grow as our company scales.
Exciting benefits & perks that we offer:
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your dependents
- Remote (within the US) and flexible work culture
- Unlimited PTO and sick
- Generous equity
- 401(k) plan with 100% match for the first 3%, then 50% match for the following 2%
- Monthly stipends for: health & wellness, learning & development, meals, co-working space, and home office set up - totaling up to $5,400 annually
- Meet with and build for your favorite creators
- We just raised Series B!
- Check out our culture and what we're building
- Learn more about Karat's partnership with Visa and our Founders!