Customer Onboarding Specialist
Join is seeking an Onboarding Specialist to shepherd our newest customers through the most critical stage of the customer journey. You will partner with our Account Owners to quickly understand how a customer’s organization is structured, build partnerships with key stakeholders, conduct training to educate new users and project teams, and help navigate any change management necessary for the successful adoption of Join. A successful Onboarding Specialist will leverage a consultative approach coupled with excellent time and project management skills to drive a portfolio of customers towards value realization with Join.
A successful Onboarding Specialist will lean on product, industry, and change management knowledge to ensure customers start their journey with Join off on the right foot. This includes ensuring understanding of where Join fits into their business and its potential for impact, plus confidence in using Join actively to inform and track decision-making. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to leading discovery sessions, conducting end-user training, coordinating activities with Join internal and customer stakeholders, and monitoring user activity and customer progress.
To achieve this, you’ll tailor the approach to each customer’s needs by strategically leveraging internal experts and your own industry knowledge, in addition to Account Owners, while balancing these high-touch resources.
This role requires excellent project and time management skills and regular communication across multiple internal and external teams. You should enjoy rolling up your sleeves, be naturally curious, have a positive “can-do” attitude, and be comfortable working alongside a dynamic team in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment.
Join is currently at a phase where new customer acquisition and onboarding are a primary focus. Over time, this role may have the opportunity to expand its responsibilities beyond the onboarding phase and into other phases of the customer journey based on business needs and proven success.
Lead new Join customers through the structured onboarding journey that is tailored to meet customers’ business goals and ensure they realize initial value from the Join platform.
The customer understands what business goals Join will help them achieve and how to measure them.
The customer has clear KPIs related to their business goals and has established a baseline to build upon.
Empower Join Champions with the knowledge, skills, and confidence to run their projects in Join and teach others in their company how to do the same.
Join Champions have created at least one project in Join, and key usage milestones have been performed.
The customer maintains a Good health score during the onboarding phase and for at least two months after.
Demonstrated knowledge of Join that allows them to be effective in creating new projects and educating their peers in using Join, which results in a growth in new users and new projects within Join.
Ensure customers progress through onboarding and meet their identified business goals with Join. Identifying common points of force or friction during onboarding and adjusting approaches as needed.
Customer projects achieve desired business goals on aligned to their project timelines
Onboarding progress is recorded, tracked, and measured in Join’s Customer Success platform and is visible to internal stakeholders.
Any onboarding-related tasks and any follow-up action Items are completed within a timely manner.
Deliver an exemplary customer experience that creates a positive and trusted relationship between the customer and Join.
Impact on renewal and continued growth of Join within a successfully onboarded customer.
High onboarding C-SAT/NPS scores and low churn rates for successfully onboarded customers.
Knowledge of all Join product offerings, including integrations and success resources.
Trusted by customers as a Join subject matter expert.
Ability to train on Join or answer customer questions confidently, including following up to ensure customers are moving forward.
In collaboration with the Customer Success Director, identify opportunities to improve processes pre and post onboarding.
Improved customer journey with reduced points of friction.
Documented customer journey and updated RACI matrix for each of the roles.
- No task too small, no challenge too large
- Clear habit of learning, insatiable desire to improve professionally
- Willingness to grow and take on responsibility beyond the initial onboarding phase
- Strong empathy for customers and other project stakeholders with a passion for project management and organization
- Deep understanding of value drivers and establishing standard operating procedures
- Trustworthy; a respected member of the team who is willing to do whatever it takes to build trust amongst the group
- Ability to communicate effectively with geographically dispersed teams
- Adept at communicating up, down, and across an organization to proactively inform key stakeholders in the format best suited to the audience
Work cross functionally
- Strong interpersonal skills both internally (across teams) and externally with customers
- Able to identify the best internal resources at your disposal to drive a customer to their business outcomes
Independent / autonomous / self-starter
- Need to be able to pick up where things are quickly and lead the company or customer to a solution
- Self-motivated and driven individual skilled at both planning and hands-on execution
Attention to Detail
- Ensures consistency in customer onboarding experience, while looking for opportunities to improve the onboarding process
- A growth mindset and ability to anticipate what’s coming next
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- A demonstrated track record of effectively working across levels of an enterprise business
- Experience managing software implementations, including onboarding, training is a plus
- General Contractor experience
- Must be comfortable with technology and integrating it into business processes
- Able to communicate the value of software on the construction process
- Experience with HubSpot (or a similar CRM) and Totango (or similar Customer Success platform) is a plus