Menlo Park, CA, USA
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2023
Founded by veteran business executive, Noosheen Hashemi, and Director of Genomics and Personalized Medicine at Stanford University, Dr. Michael Snyder, January AI is the first “precision health” company that combines continuous glucose monitoring along with heart rate, sleep, activity and food tracking, to enable you to see the impact of your diet and exercise on your body in real-time.
We help you understand your personal metabolic health, i.e. how your body metabolizes food, and make simple changes to avoid serious health issues down the road. The need for this has never been greater: 1 in 3 adults in the US are now pre-diabetic, and 80% are not even aware of it. January’s app and continuous glucose monitor gives you immediate insights on your diet and blood sugar levels, and provides personalized recommendations on how to adjust your diet and activity to improve your overall metabolic wellbeing. We help you build better habits in just 30 days.
At January AI, we believe that every day is January 1st, that every day is a fresh start. We believe that health isn’t a place you reach, but the simple process of understanding your body and doing just a little better than yesterday.
January AI is backed by Marc Benioff (CEO and founder of Salesforce), Jerry Yang (founder of Yahoo), and Steve Chen (founder of YouTube), among others.
Recent coverage: STAT, TechCrunch, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, and VentureBeat.
January AI is seeking a Product Manager to help us build products from concept through launch. You’ll own the January App, website and web purchase flow.
The ideal candidate enjoys working in a fast-paced environment building new to market products. You are innovative, and enjoy working with both technical and non-technical stakeholders to deliver product experiences. You are customer obsessed and look for feedback, both qualitative and quantitative, in order to better understand your customers. You enjoy building projects of large and small scale and can take small ideas and turn them into features that will delight customers. You are fluent in product strategy, roadmap planning, and agile development.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with our Product Lead to spearhead the product roadmap for particular feature areas, collaborating with Engineering, Design, and Marketing to take the roadmap from concept to reality
- Partner with the engineering team to help find optimal technical implementation methods as well as reasonable implementation schedules for product releases
- Iterate on existing products based on customer feedback and user insights
- Serve as the voice of January’s customers, identifying customer needs and product features in partnership with Customer Success
- Identify market opportunities for January AI and define a product vision and strategy to capitalize on these opportunities
- 1-3 years experience in product management, preferably working at high growth startups in the health space
- Scrum Master experience using Agile methodologies
- Prior consumer-facing product development experience, ideally with mobile Apps
- Demonstrated track record of success building, shipping, and iterating on high-value products in an agile software development environment
- Can understand complex business problems and craft effective strategies to tackle them
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Well organized with the ability to balance multiple concurrent priorities in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment
- BS in Biology, Medicine, Computer Science, or another related technical discipline preferred
We'd love to hear from you!
January is an equal-opportunity employer.
We are a diverse team committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Our HQ office is in sunny and beautiful downtown Menlo Park, CA, within walking distance to Caltrain and local cafes and restaurants.
Our team collaborates in real-time during standard working hours Pacific Time.
Local or West Coast-based candidates are preferred.
Benefits and Perks of working Full-time at January include: Competitive salary and equity packages; 401k with corporate matching; Health, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance; Commuter benefits.
Base salary will depend on skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
We do not accept third-party solicitation for employment.