Senior Research Associate/Scientist
San Carlos, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2023
Founded by veteran business executive, Noosheen Hashemi, and Director of Genomics and Personalized Medicine at Stanford University, Dr. Michael Snyder, January AI is the first “precision health” company that combines continuous glucose monitoring along with heart rate, sleep, activity and food tracking, to enable you to see the impact of your diet and exercise on your body in real-time.
We help you understand your personal metabolic health, i.e. how your body metabolizes food, and make simple changes to avoid serious health issues down the road. The need for this has never been greater: 1 in 3 adults in the US are now pre-diabetic, and 80% are not even aware of it. January’s app and continuous glucose monitor gives you immediate insights on your diet and blood sugar levels, and provides personalized recommendations on how to adjust your diet and activity to improve your overall metabolic wellbeing. We help you build better habits in just 30 days.
At January AI, we believe that every day is January 1st, that every day is a fresh start. We believe that health isn’t a place you reach, but the simple process of understanding your body and doing just a little better than yesterday.
January AI is backed by Marc Benioff (CEO and founder of Salesforce), Jerry Yang (founder of Yahoo), and Steve Chen (founder of YouTube), among others.
Recent coverage: STAT, TechCrunch, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, and VentureBeat.
Be a pioneer in a team of scientists applying pharmaceutical methodologies and disciplines to develop novel nutraceuticals addressing gut, cardiometabolic, brain health and more. If you’re interested in unlocking the power of food as medicine, personalized nutrition, microbiome interventions and AI to democratize longevity, become a leading member of our team.
We are looking for innovative researchers interested in developing technologies to better personalized nutrition. With a robust pipeline of technologies at the intersection of nutrition, microbiome, and metabolic health, January AI is solving problems like blood glucose control and immune homeostasis. Join the January AI team and build out preventative, personalized, and ameliorating nutritional technologies that address metabolic diseases such as type 2 diabetes and more.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Culture and maintain mammalian cell lines with subsequent host response assays
- Participate in developing and optimizing human cell-based assays to assess expression of various biomarkers
- Perform analytical in vitro experiments with human cells
- Run routine protein and nucleic acid quantification as well as ELISA, Flow-cytometry assays
- Optimize assays for high-throughput applications
- Prepare and maintain lab notebooks, databases, reports, and presentations
- Ensure up-to-date routine lab safety, cleanliness, inventory, and equipment maintenance
- Perform data analysis and present in lab meetings and other company meetings
- MS degree in Immunology, Cellular and Molecular biology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, or related discipline; PhD is preferred
- 1+ years of working experience in an industry or academic research lab
- Experience with ELISA, Flow-cytometry, DNA/RNA isolation, and qPCR
- Experience with mammalian cell culture and immune cell sorting are essential
- Experience and knowledge of microbiome and microbiological techniques is a plus
- Experience with chromatographic techniques is a plus
- Good organizational skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills
We'd love to hear from you!
January is an equal-opportunity employer.
We are a diverse team committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Our HQ office is in sunny and beautiful downtown Menlo Park, CA, within walking distance to Caltrain and local cafes and restaurants.
Our team collaborates in real-time during standard working hours Pacific Time.
Local or West Coast-based candidates are preferred.
Benefits and Perks of working Full-time at January include: Competitive salary and equity packages; 401k with corporate matching; Health, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance; Commuter benefits.
Base salary will depend on skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
We do not accept third-party solicitation for employment.