Technical Support Engineer
The Technical Support Engineer plays a pivotal role in ensuring the seamless operation of our company's customer-facing assets. In this position, you will be at the forefront of addressing and resolving technical issues while upholding a gold standard of customer service. You will collaborate closely with our Engineering teams and Customer Success Representatives, driving towards our key objective: best-in-class customer support. This role reports directly to the Senior Engineering Manager - Global Technical Support Engineering.
Location: PST Time Zone,
Core Hours: 9am - 5pm PST
- Collaborate with the Engineering teams to identify, implement, and communicate technical solutions.
- Oversee and manage our ticketing system, from issue inception to resolution, ensuring timely and effective communication with customers.
- Act as the first line of defense, delivering live technical support, addressing issues with a customer-first mindset.
- Aid in the virtual installation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of customer IT systems and equipment.
- Contribute to the formulation and ongoing refinement of support policies and procedures.
- Provide customer support during Pacific Time Zone core business hours.
- Regularly review and suggest improvements for the self-service knowledge base.
- Attend regular training sessions and participate in product-focused workshops to enhance technical knowledge.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and analytical aptitudes.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication capabilities.
- Time management skills, ensuring prompt responses and effective multitasking.
- Empathy and patience, essential for understanding and addressing customer concerns.
- Ability to thrive in a team environment, fostering collaboration with cross-functional units.
- Proactive mindset, with a flair for identifying challenges and initiating innovative solutions.
- Problem-solving mindset, with an ability to troubleshoot complex technical issues effectively.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related discipline, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3-5 years in an IT support, Infosec, or operations capacity.
- Demonstrable proficiency in administering Linux environments.
- Experience with cloud platforms, such as AWS is a plus.
- Knowledge of cybersecurity principles and best practices.
- Certification in relevant IT disciplines or technologies can be an advantage.
- Solid comprehension of IT systems, networking concepts, and containers (Docker primarily).
- Familiarity with data-analytics tools like Datadog, Elasticsearch, and AWS Quicksight is a plus.
Work authorization/security clearance requirements
- Must be able to work in the United States
- Must pass a criminal background check
- A security clearance is a plus
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.