Software Engineer II
Want to revolutionize Healthcare?
To create a healthcare system with effective health information exchange, healthcare organizations need more than a series of connections between each other. They need assurance that the data being exchanged is meaningful and to know it will be delivered when and where they need it.
Founded in 2014, Health Gorilla provides access to actionable patient data, supporting a diverse set of clinical use cases and improving outcomes across the country. We work with some of the leading companies in digital health, including Oscar Health, MEDITECH, Virta Health, and many others. Health Gorilla is one of the organizations whose application has been accepted for onboarding as a candidate Qualified Health Information Network and must now successfully complete testing and onboarding before official designation as a QHIN.
As a Senior Java Software Engineer at Health Gorilla, you will report to the Engineering Manager on the Core Development team. You will be a part of building a world-class Health Gorilla Clinical Network. You will work with other teams at Health Gorilla, from marketing and sales to a product to research, scope, and implement new products and features of Health Gorilla Clinical Network. You will need to see the "big picture" and apply software engineering skills to it. We are looking for someone who have both Java Web Application Development and Database backgrounds to participate in our product development and support.
What you will do at Health Gorilla
- As a part of the team of experienced developers, you will participate in all phases of Java development.
- Others work on our code before. You will learn how it is done and continue their great work
- We will help you to learn Healthcare IT, but if you know it better than we do - we will ask you a lot of questions
- You will read and write documentation. Lots of it!
- Assess technical risks and come up with mitigation strategies
- And you will solve complex technical problems. That would be the other part
- You will do technical research
- Learn new standards and code to them. May be introduce a new standard of your own?
- Navigate complex documentation and find your way around if it's missing
- Be responsible for solutions proposed
- Facilitate design, implementation and delivery across multiple solutions on Health Gorilla Clinical Network
- Did we mention documentation? Everything you will do, would be documented, specs produced and updated
What you bring to the role
- Oracle/Sun certificate of Java proficiency
- You understand security and know how to work with PKI, Mutual TLS, SOAP WSS, SAML, OAuth and other secure communication methodologies
- 5+ years of experience in Core Java, Enterprise Application Development, Web Development, large-scale, asynchronous applications
- Database background is required; MongoDB is a must
- Cloud hosting experience: infrastructure as code, Docker, Linux, and Python/Bash scripting
- Familiarity with Health IT protocols and standards: FHIR, IHE TF, HL7, CCDA (a plus).
- Preferable experience: AWS and all it has to offer, JMS, Elasticsearch, Redis, ActiveMQ, and MongoDB Atlas
- Experience in a cross-functional team.
- We will only contact you from our @healthgorilla.COM email address and communicate via phone or zoom
- We will never ask you for money or to purchase items such as a laptop to work with us
- If your resume has your home address listed, we recommend replacing with just a city, state
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels as we know the more inclusive we are, the better our product will be.
Health Gorilla is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, genetic information, or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.