Logistics and Operations Planner
This position offers a unique opportunity to become part of an innovative healthcare start up that is transforming how clinical trials are conducted. The Shipping and Receiving Clerk position is a newly created role that is designed to enable team and operational efficiency as Hawthorne Effect scales.
Principal Responsibilities and Duties
Systems and Process Improvements
- Have ability to understand the existing systems and processes.
- Work on improving existing processes.
- Document and map the processes.
- Provide necessary support for upcoming system changes.
- Support the deployment of measurable business critical metrics.
- Able to plan visits based on provided constraints.
- Able to plan travel and necessary coordination needed.
- Collaborate with peer team members while planning for visits.
- Order supplies based on available inventory.
Managing Daily Shipments
- Administrative office work including booking travel.
- Daily Packaging and Shipping Logistics.
- Data entry of information into multiple systems.
- Help to work with our Hero community by sending all supplies and communicate what they are receiving and when.
- Work directly with Project Leader/ Project Associate/ Administrative Assistant to confirm Hero needs based on each project. Complete kit preparation ahead of needs.
- Complete other general administrative tasks as needed
About the Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate will be passionate about our mission and be ready to take on challenges, and possess the following skills and attributes:
· Available 40 hours per week (M-F 9-5pm)
· Organized with strong attention to detail and follow-through
· Plans ahead, anticipates challenges, and takes decisive action to avoid issues
· Adept at communicating - able to proactively keep manager and co-workers informed of progress, challenges and opportunities
· Creative and resourceful
· Flexible, adaptable and comfortable with ambiguity
· Invigorated by fast-paced environment
· Embodying our core values of Trust, Integrity and Efficiency
· Prior comparable experience in a shipping or logistical role (training provided)
· Technically proficient in Microsoft Suite, Google Suite, and Apple applications (training provided)
Employment & Compensation:
This position is located in downtown Lafayette, CA near many shops and restaurants, just 2 blocks from BART. Due to needs for shipping out materials, working in the office is necessary.
Job Types: Full-time
- Health insurance, Generous PTO policy
- Monday to Friday in office (weekend coverage as needed)
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Lafayette, CA 94549: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work
- Work Location: In person
About Hawthorne Effect:
Founded in 2015 in the San Francisco Bay Area, Hawthorne Effect is on a mission to radically change how clinical trials are conducted. We make it possible for anyone to enroll in a clinical trial regardless of geography, health, mobility, access to transportation, cost or other factors that can result in exclusion.
To accomplish mission, we work with clinical trial investigative sites and sponsors to move clinical trial screening and follow-up visits out of the clinic and into patients' homes, making it possible for more people to enroll in and stay enrolled in clinical trials. Enabling this service is a proprietary technology platform to enable visit management and a network of healthcare providers whom we call Heroes who conduct protocolized visits. Heroes are RNs, PAs, NPs, MDs and med tech professionals who are interested in professional development, fostering innovation, and sharing meaningful interaction with patients for whom clinical trials are about hope.
In fulfilling its’ mission, HE delivers comprehensive and timely data for investigators and innovators (biotech, med-tech, pharma). By enabling patient follow-up anytime, anywhere, HE helps clinical trial sponsors increase access to and diversity within clinical trials to bring medical innovations to patients sooner and more cost effectively.
Our mission is to make clinical trials accessible and convenient for everyone, everywhere.
If you are all about human connection, have extraordinary passion, embrace technology designed to be useful and empowering, and want to disrupt brick and mortar healthcare, we want to meet you.