Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, or Poland. Certain roles have specific location requirements to facilitate collaboration at a particular Grammarly hub.
All roles have an in-person component: Conditions permitting, teams meet 2–4 weeks every quarter at one of Grammarly’s hubs in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a workspace in Kraków. This flexible approach gives team members the best of both worlds: plenty of focus time along with in-person collaboration that fosters trust and unlocks creativity.
Grammarly team members in this role will collaborate in person 2 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to different hubs. They are required to live within a commutable distance of their home hub of San Francisco. Grammarly may provide relocation assistance.
Grammarly is the world’s leading AI writing assistance company trusted by over 30 million people and 70,000 professional teams every day. From instantly creating a first draft to perfecting every message, Grammarly’s product offerings help people at 96% of the Fortune 500 get their point across—and get results. Grammarly has been profitable for over a decade because we’ve stayed true to our values and built an enterprise-grade product that’s secure, reliable, and helps people do their best work—without selling their data. We’re proud to be one of Inc.’s best workplaces, a Glassdoor Best Place to Work, one of TIME’s 100 Most Influential Companies, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in AI.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for an Accountant to join our GL accounting team. The accountant will report to the Accounting Manager and play a key role in ensuring the integrity of our records and developing scalable and sustainable processes as Grammarly grows. This is an ideal position for a self-starter who is eager to learn, contribute to, and adapt to change in a fast-growing global company.
As the Accountant, you will work in various areas, including but not limited to bank reconciliation, intercompany transactions, fixed assets, account reconciliation, external audit, and more. Without compromising quality, you will concurrently manage multiple priorities, including effectively streamlining the month-end close process. You will work cross-functionally within a detail-oriented environment where creative problem-solving is highly valued.
- Within your first 30 days, you will start taking over the month-end close process for Canadian subsidiaries, fixed assets, and bank reconciliation. You will manage intercompany expense transactions. You will begin developing and detailing business processes and accounting policies that strengthen internal controls and ensure compliance with GAAP principles.
- By month three, you will own the month-end close process for the Canadian subsidiary. You will prepare monthly account reconciliations and reporting schedules, providing commentary and variance analysis.
- By month six, you will collaborate cross-functionally with accounting and reporting, which is crucial to success in this position.
- By month nine, you will participate in process improvements to streamline the monthly financial close process.
- Beyond your first year, you will proactively identify issues and assist in optimizing systems, upgrades, and automation of accounting processes. You will aid in the development and implementation of new policies and procedures as well as with financial audits. In addition to continuing to support month-end and year-end close processes, you will document and monitor internal controls as part of operational accounting work.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is inspired by our MOVE principles, which are the blueprint for how things get done at Grammarly: move fast and learn faster, obsess about creating customer value, value impact over activity, and embrace healthy disagreement rooted in trust.
- Is able to collaborate in person 2 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub where the team is based.
- Has at least 2 years of experience with intercompany transactions, bank reconciliation, fixed assets, and month-end and year-end close processes.
- Has experience working at a fast-growing startup (SaaS preferred).
- Brings strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP and internal controls.
- Can meet tight deadlines and prioritize competing workloads while communicating clearly and empathetically, both face-to-face and in writing.
- Is a curious, detail-oriented problem-solver who can organize and manage multiple responsibilities while displaying a high level of integrity, commitment, and responsibility to day-to-day work.
- Has experience working with NetSuite and Coupa.
- Demonstrates English proficiency and advanced Excel skills.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We believe that autonomy and trust are key to empowering our team members to do their best, most innovative work in a way that aligns with their interests, talents, and well-being. We support professional development and advancement with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. Our remote-first hybrid model enables a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER (ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable) values. We work to foster belonging among team members in a variety of ways. This includes our employee resource groups, Grammarly Circles, which promote connection among those with shared identities, such as BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ team members, women, and parents. We also celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific programs.
Compensation and benefits
Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing the following and more:
- Excellent health care (including a wide range of medical, dental, vision, mental health, and fertility benefits)
- Disability and life insurance options
- 401(k) and RRSP matching
- Paid parental leave
- Twenty days of paid time off per year, eleven days of paid holidays per year, and unlimited sick days
- Home office stipends
- Caregiver and pet care stipends
- Wellness stipends
- Admission discounts
- Learning and development opportunities
Grammarly takes a market-based approach to compensation, which means base pay may vary depending on your location. Our US and Canada locations are categorized into compensation zones based on each geographic region’s cost of labor index. For more information about our compensation zones and locations where we currently support employment, please refer to this page. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Base pay may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The expected salary ranges for this position are outlined below by compensation zone and may be modified in the future.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, political belief, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and a participant in the US federal E-Verify program (US). We also abide by the Employment Equity Act (Canada).
Please note that EEOC is optional and specific to US-based candidates.
All team members meeting in person for official Grammarly business or working from a hub location are strongly encouraged to be vaccinated against COVID-19.