Senior Systems Engineer
Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, or Poland. Certain roles have specific location requirements to facilitate collaboration at a particular Grammarly hub.
All roles have an in-person component: Conditions permitting, teams meet 2–4 weeks every quarter at one of Grammarly’s hubs in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a workspace in Kraków. This flexible approach gives team members the best of both worlds: plenty of focus time along with in-person collaboration that fosters trust and unlocks creativity.
Grammarly team members in this role must be based in Germany, Poland, or Ukraine, and they must be able to collaborate in person 2 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub(s) where the team is based.
Grammarly is the world’s leading AI writing assistance company, trusted by over 30 million people and 70,000 professional teams every day. From instantly creating a first draft to perfecting every message, Grammarly’s product offerings help people at 96% of the Fortune 500 get their point across—and get results. Grammarly has been profitable for over a decade because we’ve stayed true to our values and built an enterprise-grade product that’s secure, reliable, and helps people do their best work—without selling their data. We’re proud to be one of Inc.’s best workplaces, a Glassdoor Best Place to Work, one of TIME’s 100 Most Influential Companies, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in AI.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Systems Engineer to join our People team. This role will maintain and expand the existing corporate infrastructure and services. They will help Grammarly improve our IT ecosystem by creating more integrations between cloud services and simplifying infrastructure and service maintenance. Automate the main business processes to move closer to IT self-service. Work improves employee satisfaction. The person in this role will work closely with all teams at Grammarly, including Engineering, Security, IT, Platform, and others in Ukraine, Canada, and the US.
Grammarly’s engineers and researchers have the freedom to innovate and uncover breakthroughs—and, in turn, influence our product roadmap. The complexity of our technical challenges is growing rapidly as we scale our interfaces, algorithms, and infrastructure. Read more about our stack or hear from our team on our technical blog.
As a Systems Engineer, you will:
- Administer and maintain corporate infrastructure and services, including Okta, Jamf, Atlassian product offerings, Azure, and AWS.
- Integrate corporate infrastructure and services to streamline processes and improve efficiency.
- Maintain, update, and expand corporate access management processes to ensure secure and efficient resource access.
- Automate primary IT processes and advance IT self-service capabilities.
- Collaborate with the other team members to improve processes and eliminate manual processes.
- Work closely with the engineering team to build automation.
- Provide level 3 troubleshooting and support for corporate infrastructure and services.
- Maintain existing IT how-to's and end user manuals, including processes, policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Improve customer satisfaction, continuously working to improve the quality of service.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is inspired by our MOVE principles, which are the blueprint for how things get done at Grammarly: move fast and learn faster, obsess about creating customer value, value impact over activity, and embrace healthy disagreement rooted in trust.
- Is able to collaborate in person 2 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub where the team is based.
- Can build Okta workflows and integrate them with corporate infrastructure and services.
- Is Proficient in scripting languages such as Python, PowerShell, and Bash.
- Can read code, preferably Go.
- Is skilled in establishing secure and effective network systems.
- Has experience with corporate infrastructure and services, including Okta, Jamf, Atlassian product offerings, Azure, and AWS.
- Is experienced with all Windows-related aspects of machines: patching, access, security, and performance.
- Has experience with access management processes and automation of IT processes.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We believe that autonomy and trust are key to empowering our team members to do their best, most innovative work in a way that aligns with their interests, talents, and well-being. We also support professional development and advancement with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. Our remote-first hybrid model enables a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER (ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable) values. We work to foster belonging among team members in a variety of ways. This includes our employee resource groups, Grammarly Circles, which promote connection among those with shared identities including BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ team members, women, and parents. We also celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific programs.
- Comprehensive benefits for candidates based in Germany or Ukraine: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing life care (including mental health care and risk benefits) and ample and defined time off. We also offer support to set up a home office, wellness and pet care stipends, learning and development opportunities, and more. Note that benefits may differ by location.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all to apply. Grammarly is an equal opportunity company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, gender, disability, sexual identity, or age.
For more details about the personal data Grammarly collects during the recruitment process, for what purposes, and how you can address your rights, please see the Grammarly Data Privacy Notice for Candidates here.
All team members meeting in person for official Grammarly business or working from a hub location are strongly encouraged to be vaccinated against COVID-19.