Senior People Systems Analyst
Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, or Poland. Certain roles have specific location requirements to facilitate collaboration at a particular Grammarly hub.
All roles have an in-person component: Conditions permitting, teams meet 2–4 weeks every quarter at one of Grammarly’s hubs in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a workspace in Kraków. This flexible approach gives team members the best of both worlds: plenty of focus time along with in-person collaboration that fosters trust and unlocks creativity.
Grammarly team members in this role must be based in the United States or Canada, and they must be able to collaborate in person 2 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub(s) where the team is based.
Grammarly is the world’s leading AI writing assistance company trusted by over 30 million people and 70,000 professional teams every day. From instantly creating a first draft to perfecting every message, Grammarly’s product offerings help people at 96% of the Fortune 500 get their point across—and get results. Grammarly has been profitable for over a decade because we’ve stayed true to our values and built an enterprise-grade product that’s secure, reliable, and helps people do their best work—without selling their data. We’re proud to be one of Inc.’s best workplaces, a Glassdoor Best Place to Work, one of TIME’s 100 Most Influential Companies, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in AI.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Senior People Systems Analyst to join our People Operations team. The Senior People Systems Analyst will work on strategizing and growing Workday capabilities to empower end users and managers through data availability and self-service. They’ll collaborate on process improvements by using Workday system capabilities to increase automation and integration, reduce manual work, and improve data quality. They will build project plans, maintain Workday system workflows, and collaborate with other functions to prioritize process improvements, workflow automation, and data integrations.
The Senior People Systems Analyst will be a technical point of contact for the assigned functional areas and assist subject matter experts to ensure data integrity, test system changes, and analyze data flows for process improvement opportunities. The person in this role will also keep track of Workday updates and inform stakeholders about significant changes to the system. They support Workday upgrades, patches, testing, and other technical projects.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone excited about taking ownership of shaping our People systems infrastructure and building systems, processes, and automation to scale Grammarly’s team. The role is best for someone with a foundation in a range of People Operations focus areas, including systems, compliance, and processes, and broad configuration expertise in a variety of Workday HCM modules, including compensation, advanced compensation, time tracking, benefits, absence, payroll, and talent.
As a Senior People Systems Analyst, your role will be critical in providing focus and HR system expertise to up-leveling processes, systems, data management, and compliance. The Senior People Systems Analyst will be a crucial team member in supporting Workday configuration in a way that empowers end users and managers through data availability and self-service.
You will have global responsibilities and support the People, Workplace Experience, Finance, IT, and Governance Risk and Compliance teams in North America and Europe, providing exposure to international HR processes. You’ll also have an opportunity to shape our People strategies as we grow.
In this role, you will:
- Participate in strategizing and growing Workday capabilities to empower end users and managers through data availability and self-service.
- Collaborate on the Workday transformation plan with the People function and key stakeholders across Grammarly’s functions to address organizational growth and key pain points.
- Increase automation and integration for all critical processes through collaboration with the IT, Workplace Experience, Finance, and Legal teams.
- Collaborate with Governance Risk and Compliance teams to build secure and compliant processes that will contribute to Grammarly’s global compliance efforts and IPO readiness.
- Maintain, analyze, and adjust existing configurations and processes in Workday to address the company’s growth.
- Collaborate with the People function on program support in Workday, including the compensation review process.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is inspired by our MOVE principles, which are the blueprint for how things get done at Grammarly: move fast and learn faster, obsess about creating customer value, value impact over activity, and embrace healthy disagreement rooted in trust.
- Is able to collaborate in person 2 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub where the team is based.
- Is comfortable working with data, acquiring data from multiple sources, data analysis, and communicating data findings.
- Identifies and creates processes to get the work done, uses the first-principles approach, and optimizes efficient workflows and automation.
- Can analyze, implement, and improve Workday system and identify opportunities for automation and self-service to reduce manual work for other functions.
- Can identify opportunities for integrations to support security, compliance, and smooth data flow.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills, time management, attention to detail, and the skill set to lead a complex project for a big group of people with many moving pieces.
- Has experience in Workday implementation, administration, and workflow design.
- Has experience in systems testing and production rollouts: performs system maintenance, including assisting in the review, testing, and implementation of Workday system upgrades or patches; and collaborates with functional and technical teams to coordinate the application of upgrades or fixes.
- Has experience designing processes, workflows, and data management to meet compliance requirements.
- Has experience in conducting training, including developing user procedures, guidelines, and documentation; training team members on new processes/functionality; and training new system users.
- Experience with Workday Payroll and integrations will be a plus.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We believe that autonomy and trust are key to empowering our team members to do their best, most innovative work in a way that aligns with their interests, talents, and well-being. We support professional development and advancement with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. Our remote-first hybrid model enables a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER (ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable) values. We work to foster belonging among team members in a variety of ways. This includes our employee resource groups, Grammarly Circles, which promote connection among those with shared identities, such as BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ team members, women, and parents. We also celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific programs.
Compensation and benefits
Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing the following and more:
- Excellent health care (including a wide range of medical, dental, vision, mental health, and fertility benefits)
- Disability and life insurance options
- 401(k) and RRSP matching
- Paid parental leave
- Twenty days of paid time off per year, eleven days of paid holidays per year, and unlimited sick days
- Home office stipends
- Caregiver and pet care stipends
- Wellness stipends
- Admission discounts
- Learning and development opportunities
Grammarly takes a market-based approach to compensation, which means base pay may vary depending on your location. Our US and Canada locations are categorized into compensation zones based on each geographic region’s cost of labor index. For more information about our compensation zones and locations where we currently support employment, please refer to this page. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Base pay may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The expected salary ranges for this position are outlined below by compensation zone and may be modified in the future.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, political belief, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and a participant in the US federal E-Verify program (US). We also abide by the Employment Equity Act (Canada).
Please note that EEOC is optional and specific to US-based candidates.
All team members meeting in person for official Grammarly business or working from a hub location are strongly encouraged to be vaccinated against COVID-19.