A/V & IT Engineer
Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, or Poland. Certain roles have specific location requirements to facilitate collaboration at a particular Grammarly hub.
All roles have an in-person component: Conditions permitting, teams meet 2–4 weeks every quarter at one of Grammarly’s hubs in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a workspace in Kraków. This flexible approach gives team members the best of both worlds: plenty of focus time along with in-person collaboration that fosters trust and unlocks creativity.
Grammarly team members in this role will collaborate in person 2 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to different hubs. They are required to live within a commutable distance of their home hub of San Francisco. Grammarly may provide relocation assistance.
Grammarly is the world’s leading AI writing assistance company trusted by over 30 million people and 70,000 professional teams every day. From instantly creating a first draft to perfecting every message, Grammarly’s product offerings help people at 96% of the Fortune 500 get their point across—and get results. Grammarly has been profitable for over a decade because we’ve stayed true to our values and built an enterprise-grade product that’s secure, reliable, and helps people do their best work—without selling their data. We’re proud to be one of Inc.’s best workplaces, a Glassdoor Best Place to Work, one of TIME’s 100 Most Influential Companies, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in AI.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we're looking for an AV IT Engineer to join our team in San Francisco to ensure smooth IT operations and support events and large meetings. As the go-to person for IT in the hub, they’d be responsible for coordinating vendor relationships, managing assets, and playing a key role in employee onboarding and offboarding, hardware and software support, AV equipment management, and event coordination. This office position requires a tech-savvy individual who is available 3-4 times a week and has strong technical skills and a passion for delivering a seamless user experience.
Grammarly’s engineers and researchers have the freedom to innovate and uncover breakthroughs—and, in turn, influence our product roadmap. The complexity of our technical challenges is growing rapidly as we scale our interfaces, algorithms, and infrastructure. Read more about our stack or hear from our team on our technical blog.
As an AV IT Helpdesk Engineer, you will be the primary point of contact for managing events and large meetings, with the ability to access additional resources as needed. Your responsibilities include coordinating on-site vendor relationships for A/V services and office network infrastructure while facilitating asset management and coordination within the hub. As you participate in the planning and design of future hub expansions across North America, your involvement will help to ensure a consistent and seamless experience for all of our hubs.
In this role, you will:
- Provide all-level IT support to team members, including troubleshooting hardware and software issues, resolving network connectivity problems, and assisting with AV equipment setup and configuration.
- Manage all events and large meetings, coordinating additional resources as necessary.
- Maintain and manage IT assets in our office, including computers, laptops, printers, and AV equipment.
- Provide hardware and software to existing team members and new hires.
- Support ZOOM rooms in person and remotely.
- Assist with installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting AV equipment, such as videoconferencing and sound systems.
- Manage and document AV inventory, ensuring all equipment is in good condition.
- Support end users with AV technology during meetings and presentations, ensuring a smooth and seamless experience.
- Work closely with vendors and service providers to coordinate equipment repairs and maintenance.
- Maintain accurate IT and AV support requests, resolutions, and equipment inventory records.
- Stay up-to-date with the newest IT and AV trends and technologies to recommend improvements and enhancements.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is inspired by our MOVE principles, which are the blueprint for how things get done at Grammarly: move fast and learn faster, obsess about creating customer value, value impact over activity, and embrace healthy disagreement rooted in trust.
- Is able to collaborate in person in San Francisco hub on a daily basis and potentially other hubs 2 weeks per quarter.
- Has a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Has experience in IT support, A/V equipment management, and event coordination.
- Has a strong knowledge of macOS and Windows operating systems.
- Has excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Is driven to provide outstanding customer service and has excellent communication skills.
- Is excited to work independently and as part of an international team.
- Is detail-oriented and organized with strong documentation skills.
- Has vendor management experience.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We believe that autonomy and trust are key to empowering our team members to do their best, most innovative work in a way that aligns with their interests, talents, and well-being. We support professional development and advancement with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. Our remote-first hybrid model enables a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER (ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable) values. We work to foster belonging among team members in a variety of ways. This includes our employee resource groups, Grammarly Circles, which promote connection among those with shared identities, such as BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ team members, women, and parents. We also celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific programs.
Compensation and benefits
Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing the following and more:
- Excellent health care (including a wide range of medical, dental, vision, mental health, and fertility benefits)
- Disability and life insurance options401(k) matching (US only)
- Paid parental leave
- Twenty days of paid time off per year, eleven days of paid holidays per year, and unlimited sick days
- Home office stipends
- Caregiver and pet care stipends
- Wellness stipends
- Admission discounts
- Learning and development opportunities
Grammarly takes a market-based approach to compensation, which means base pay may vary depending on your location. Our US and Canada locations are categorized into compensation zones based on each geographic region’s cost of labor index. For more information about our compensation zones and locations where we currently support employment, please refer to this page.
Base pay may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The expected salary ranges for this San Francisco-based position are outlined below and may be modified in the future.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, political belief, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and a participant in the US federal E-Verify program (US). We also abide by the Employment Equity Act (Canada).
Please note that EEOC is optional and specific to US-based candidates.
All team members meeting in person for official Grammarly business or working from a hub location are strongly encouraged to be vaccinated against COVID-19.