Design Program Manager, Product Design
Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, or Poland. Certain roles have specific location requirements to facilitate collaboration at a particular Grammarly hub.
All roles have an in-person component: Conditions permitting, teams meet 2–4 weeks every quarter at one of Grammarly’s hubs in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a workspace in Kraków. This flexible approach gives team members the best of both worlds: plenty of focus time along with in-person collaboration that fosters trust and unlocks creativity.
Grammarly team members in this role will collaborate in person 3 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to different hubs. They are required to live within a commutable distance of their home hub of San Francisco. Grammarly may provide relocation assistance.
Every day, tens of millions of people and 50,000 professional teams worldwide trust Grammarly’s AI and human expertise to help ideate, compose, revise, and comprehend communications. Our team members have the autonomy to take on exciting challenges in pursuit of our mission to improve lives by improving communication. Together, we’re building on more than a decade of steady growth and profitability. We’re defining the communication assistance category with our tailored service offerings: Grammarly Free, Grammarly Premium, Grammarly Business, and Grammarly for Education. Our latest product offering, GrammarlyGO, brings the power of generative AI to our users. It all begins with our team collaborating in an inclusive, values-driven, and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Design Operations Manager to join our Design Operations team. The Product Design team at Grammarly is responsible for delivering a top-notch user experience across Grammarly’s suite of features.
As a Design Operations Manager, you will partner with our Head of Design to anticipate challenges and opportunities to mitigate risk. You'll leverage your leadership skills and experience to model, prototype, and iterate on ways to improve our team's processes. Additionally, you'll build trust with cross-functional teams and stakeholders, including Product Design, Brand and Marketing, and User Experience Research teams.
In this high-impact role, you will:
- Collaborate with, support, and enable the Design team to deliver best-in-class designs.
- Foster and develop the culture of our Product Design team.
- Identify team needs concerning processes, tools, documentation, asset management, etc.
- Provide stakeholders with visibility on current work and opportunities for cross-collaboration.
- Implement or drive changes to ensure designers are working at a sustainable pace on high-priority and high-impact activities.
- Facilitate the team in establishing project timelines and activities.
- Constantly assess and evolve the team’s health and ways of working.
- Evaluate and implement new tools with researchers, designers, and cross-functional partners to solve our growing need to collaborate globally.
- Establish communication and knowledge-sharing channels internally and externally for the Design team.
- Interface with our Legal, Security, and Procurement teams to onboard and pay vendors, including facilitating statements of work and supporting leadership in negotiating business terms and budgets.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is able to collaborate in person in San Francisco and potentially other hubs 3 weeks per quarter.
- Has at least 7 years of experience managing design operations at scale.
- Values people and culture over processes and practices.
- Can coach and facilitate—is an enabler, not a filter.
- Can align individual contributors, managers, and executives around initiatives.
- Consistently focus themselves and the team on the highest-impact activities.
- Strives for alignment with cross-functional partners.
- Can effectively distill key information from multiple ambiguous sources and strives to create clarity.
- Has a wide toolkit to choose from, in terms of both digital tools and processes, and has a deep understanding of how and when to use each.
- Can build an inclusive and diverse operations model for our product-design organization.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We believe that autonomy and trust are key to empowering our team members to do their best, most innovative work in a way that aligns with their interests, talents, and well-being. We support professional development and advancement with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. Our remote-first hybrid model enables a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER (ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable) values. We work to foster belonging among team members in a variety of ways. This includes our employee resource groups, Grammarly Circles, which promote connection among those with shared identities, such as BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ team members, women, and parents. We also celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific programs.
Compensation and benefits
Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing the following and more:
- Excellent health care (including a wide range of medical, dental, vision, mental health, and fertility benefits)
- Disability and life insurance options401(k) matching (US only)
- Paid parental leave
- Twenty days of paid time off per year, eleven days of paid holidays per year, and unlimited sick days
- Home office stipends
- Caregiver and pet care stipends
- Wellness stipends
- Admission discounts
- Learning and development opportunities
Grammarly takes a market-based approach to compensation, which means base pay may vary depending on your location. Our US and Canada locations are categorized into compensation zones based on each geographic region’s cost of labor index. For more information about our compensation zones and locations where we currently support employment, please refer to this page.
Base pay may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The expected salary ranges for this San Francisco-based position are outlined below and may be modified in the future.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program.
All team members meeting in person for official Grammarly business or working from a hub location are strongly encouraged to be vaccinated against COVID-19.