Staff Product Manager, Core
Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, or Poland. Certain roles have specific location requirements to facilitate collaboration at a particular Grammarly hub.
All roles have an in-person component: Conditions permitting, teams meet 2–4 weeks every quarter at one of Grammarly’s hubs in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a workspace in Kraków. This flexible approach gives team members the best of both worlds: plenty of focus time along with in-person collaboration that fosters trust and unlocks creativity.
Grammarly team members in this role will collaborate in person 3 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to different hubs. They are required to live within a commutable distance of their home hub of Berlin. Grammarly may provide relocation assistance.
Every day, tens of millions of people and 50,000 professional teams worldwide trust Grammarly’s AI and human expertise to help ideate, compose, revise, and comprehend communications. Our team members have the autonomy to take on exciting challenges in pursuit of our mission to improve lives by improving communication. Together, we’re building on more than a decade of steady growth and profitability. We’re defining the communication assistance category with our tailored service offerings: Grammarly Free, Grammarly Premium, Grammarly Business, and Grammarly for Education. Our latest product offering, GrammarlyGO, brings the power of generative AI to our users. It all begins with our team collaborating in an inclusive, values-driven, and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Staff Product Manager to join our Product team. This person will focus on our core product to help define and ship some of our newest user-facing product features and help our customers communicate more effectively.
As Staff Product Manager in Core, you will leverage new technologies to build delightful product experiences that provide opinionated perspectives on how our users can improve their writing to achieve their goals. You will leverage your deep understanding of large language models to solve some of our most critical user problems. This is an area with tremendous ambiguity and an opportunity to push the boundaries, from both a technical and user experience perspective. In this role, you will iterate quickly and establish new ways to test and learn to bring these new experiences to our users.
This is a senior leadership role on the Product Management team. In this role, you will:
- Set the product direction for our core product, which is our largest investment area.
- Go deep to understand technical approaches, opportunities, and user needs and pain points.
- Independently drive high-velocity execution with cross-functional teams to deliver learnings and impact.
- Collaborate across multiple investment areas to ensure a cohesive product narrative that helps our users.
- Help develop a strong local team culture with other team members in the Berlin office.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is able to collaborate in person in Berlin and potentially other hubs 3 weeks per quarter.
- Has experience with earlier-stage product development and getting creative to drive learnings and impact quickly.
- Is able to drive learnings, execution, and impact in a product area with tremendous ambiguity.
- Loves crafting delightful user experiences for a diverse user base.
- Has a deep technical understanding to push the boundaries of what’s possible to deliver user value.
- Has an understanding of machine learning and large language models.
- Has a strong quantitative and analytical mindset understanding to define success and move critical metrics.
- Helps build environments that foster close partnerships with other product managers and cross-functional teams from Engineering, Design, Research, Data Science, Marketing, and more.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We believe that autonomy and trust are key to empowering our team members to do their best, most innovative work in a way that aligns with their interests, talents, and well-being. We also support professional development and advancement with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. Our remote-first hybrid model enables a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER (ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable) values. We work to foster belonging among team members in a variety of ways. This includes our employee resource groups, Grammarly Circles, which promote connection among those with shared identities including BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ team members, women, and parents. We also celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing life care (including mental health care and risk benefits) and ample and defined time off. We also offer support to set up a home office, wellness and pet care stipends, learning and development opportunities, and more. Note that benefits may differ by location.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all to apply. Grammarly is an equal opportunity company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, gender, disability, sexual identity, or age.
For more details about the personal data Grammarly collects during the recruitment process, for what purposes, and how you can address your rights, please see the Grammarly Data Privacy Notice for Candidates here.
All team members meeting in person for official Grammarly business or working from a hub location are strongly encouraged to be vaccinated against COVID-19.