Engineering Manager, Product Platform
Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, or Poland. Certain roles have specific location requirements to facilitate collaboration at a particular Grammarly hub.
All roles have an in-person component: Conditions permitting, teams meet 2–4 weeks every quarter at one of Grammarly’s hubs in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a workspace in Kraków. This flexible approach gives team members the best of both worlds: plenty of focus time along with in-person collaboration that fosters trust and unlocks creativity.
Grammarly team members in this role must be based in the United States or Canada, and they must be able to collaborate in person 4 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub(s) where the team is based.
Every day, tens of millions of people and 50,000 professional teams worldwide trust Grammarly’s AI and human expertise to help ideate, compose, revise, and comprehend communications. Our team members have the autonomy to take on exciting challenges in pursuit of our mission to improve lives by improving communication. Together, we’re building on more than a decade of steady growth and profitability. We’re defining the communication assistance category with our tailored service offerings: Grammarly Free, Grammarly Premium, Grammarly Business, and Grammarly for Education. Our latest product offering, GrammarlyGO, brings the power of generative AI to our users. It all begins with our team collaborating in an inclusive, values-driven, and learning-oriented environment.
Grammarly’s core vision is to improve lives by improving communication. The Grammarly Product Platform team contributes to this vision by enabling both 1P and 3P customers to use Grammarly’s communication assistant. This enables us to serve more new and unique use cases at scale. We allow our customers to customize the Grammarly experience, build on Grammarly technology, and scale positive impact.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for an Engineering Manager to join our Grammarly Actions Platform team. The person in this role will lead a talented team of software engineers focused on building out and scaling Grammarly’s platforms with a delightful, context-aware communication assistant for end users, including state-of-the-art AI/ML and NLP capabilities, easy-to-use and well-documented APIs and SDKs, self-serve developer onboarding experiences, and an integration configuration portals.
Grammarly’s engineers and researchers have the freedom to innovate and uncover breakthroughs—and, in turn, influence our product roadmap. The complexity of our technical challenges is growing rapidly as we scale our interfaces, algorithms, and infrastructure. Read more about our stack or hear from our team on our technical blog.
As an Engineering Manager, you will build and grow relationships and partnerships with other engineering teams across the company. You will collaborate on joint initiatives to improve the Grammarly platform offering by deepening and personalizing value to our customers, improving reliability and performance, and enabling scale.
You will further grow the team of five high-caliber engineers and support them in becoming experts on building platforms, libraries, and SDKs. You will lead the team to success in bootstrapping this new branch of product and business and have a huge impact across the entire company.
We are looking for someone who can be an effective engineering partner for the cross-functional teams that implement our GTM motion for platform product offerings.
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is able to collaborate in person 4 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub where the team is based.
- Empowers the Engineering team to achieve a high level of reliability, simplicity, and productivity.
- Fosters a metrics-driven engineering culture focused on impact and rapid experimentation.
- Mentors engineers on the team, helping them advance in their careers.
- Drives engineering-wide initiatives with the rest of the Engineering Management team.
- Participates in early conversations with partners and help figure out the best product.
- Helps set up robust operations to iron out our early developer product bugs and provide exceptional customer support.
- Quickly builds a team of exceptional engineers.
- Professional growth: We believe that autonomy and trust are key to empowering our team members to do their best, most innovative work in a way that aligns with their interests, talents, and well-being. We support professional development and advancement with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. Our remote-first hybrid model enables a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER (ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable) values. We work to foster belonging among team members in a variety of ways. This includes our employee resource groups, Grammarly Circles, which promote connection among those with shared identities, such as BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ team members, women, and parents. We also celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific programs.
Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing the following and more:
- Excellent health care (including a wide range of medical, dental, vision, mental health, and fertility benefits)
- Disability and life insurance options
- 401(k) and RRSP matching
- Paid parental leave
- Twenty days of paid time off per year, eleven days of paid holidays per year, and unlimited sick days
- Home office stipends
- Caregiver and pet care stipends
- Wellness stipends
- Admission discounts
- Learning and development opportunities
Grammarly takes a market-based approach to compensation, which means base pay may vary depending on your location. Our US and Canada locations are categorized into compensation zones based on each geographic region’s cost of labor index. For more information about our compensation zones and locations where we currently support employment, please refer to this page. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Base pay may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The expected salary ranges for this position are outlined below by compensation zone and may be modified in the future.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, political belief, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and a participant in the US federal E-Verify program (US). We also abide by the Employment Equity Act (Canada).
Please note that EEOC is optional and specific to US-based candidates.
All team members meeting in person for official Grammarly business or working from a hub location are strongly encouraged to be vaccinated against COVID-19.