Technical Accounting & Financial Reporting Manager
Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, or Poland. Certain roles have specific location requirements to facilitate collaboration at a particular Grammarly hub.
All roles have an in-person component: Conditions permitting, teams meet 2–4 weeks every quarter at one of Grammarly’s hubs in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a workspace in Kraków. This flexible approach gives team members the best of both worlds: plenty of focus time along with in-person collaboration that fosters trust and unlocks creativity.
Grammarly team members in this role will collaborate in person 4 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to different hubs. They are required to live within a commutable distance of their home hub of San Francisco. Grammarly may provide relocation assistance.
Every day, tens of millions of people and 50,000 professional teams worldwide trust Grammarly’s AI and human expertise to help ideate, compose, revise, and comprehend communications. Our team members have the autonomy to take on exciting challenges in pursuit of our mission to improve lives by improving communication. Together, we’re building on more than a decade of steady growth and profitability. We’re defining the communication assistance category with our tailored service offerings: Grammarly Free, Grammarly Premium, Grammarly Business, and Grammarly for Education. Our latest product offering, GrammarlyGO, brings the power of generative AI to our users. It all begins with our team collaborating in an inclusive, values-driven, and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Senior Technical Accounting Manager to join our Financial Reporting and Technical Accounting team. The ideal candidate will have strong technical accounting and analytical skills and has the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. This role will work cross-functionally with teams throughout the organization, within a detail-oriented environment where creative problem-solving is highly valued.
This opportunity is ideal for someone who has excellent core knowledge of US GAAP and SEC rules and is eager to contribute their expertise to a quickly growing company. The ideal candidate will have a full vision of the technical accounting and financial reporting process and will work closely with the team to streamline processes that impact our financial statements.
As Technical Accounting Manager, you will work in a fast-paced environment to establish and improve existing processes in technical accounting and financial reporting areas. Key to your success in this role will be a positive attitude, eagerness to learn, lead and drive projects and take ownership, and passion for Grammarly.
In this role, you will:
- Lead and serve as a key subject matter expert in complex accounting topics such as revenue, leases, capitalized software, equity transactions, and financial statement preparation and review.
- Be responsible for financial reporting and annual financial statements audit with a Big 4 firm.
- Be responsible for equity accounting and stock-based compensation.
- Review and analyze new accounting pronouncements to determine the impact on the company and, when applicable, assist with the documentation and implementation of new standards.
- Build strong relationships with various teams while leading important and complex accounting topics.
- Analyze technical accounting topics/transactions, present key findings to internal stakeholders, and document accounting white papers and calculations as well as journal entries.
- Work on special projects identified by the senior management and prepare accounting memos in support of technical accounting positions as required.
- Be an expert in your areas of responsibility and take end-to-end ownership of all aspects of your projects.
We're looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is able to collaborate in person 2 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub where the team is based.
- Has 7+ years of experience in a combination of Big 4 firms and tech companies in a financial reporting, technical accounting, audit, capital markets, or assurance role.
- Has an active CPA license.
- Has a working knowledge of NetSuite, Salesforce, financial reporting tools, lease, and revenue tracking tools (a plus).
- Has a high level of genuine curiosity about our business, asks lots of questions and exhibits an eagerness to learn.
- Has high aptitude and enthusiasm for complex problem-solving in technical accounting topics and has strong skills with spreadsheets.
- Has excellent verbal and written communication.
- Preferably is experienced with SaaS and/or enterprise software business models.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We believe that autonomy and trust are key to empowering our team members to do their best, most innovative work in a way that aligns with their interests, talents, and well-being. We support professional development and advancement with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. Our remote-first hybrid model enables a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER (ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable) values. We work to foster belonging among team members in a variety of ways. This includes our employee resource groups, Grammarly Circles, which promote connection among those with shared identities, such as BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ team members, women, and parents. We also celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific programs.
Compensation and benefits
Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing the following and more:
- Excellent health care (including a wide range of medical, dental, vision, mental health, and fertility benefits)
- Disability and life insurance options
- 401(k) and RRSP matching
- Paid parental leave
- Twenty days of paid time off per year, eleven days of paid holidays per year, and unlimited sick days
- Home office stipends
- Caregiver and pet care stipends
- Wellness stipends
- Admission discounts
- Learning and development opportunities
Grammarly takes a market-based approach to compensation, which means base pay may vary depending on your location. Our US and Canada locations are categorized into compensation zones based on each geographic region’s cost of labor index. For more information about our compensation zones and locations where we currently support employment, please refer to this page. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Base pay may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The expected salary ranges for this position are outlined below by compensation zone and may be modified in the future.
Zone 1: $147,000- 198,000/year (USD)
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, political belief, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and a participant in the US federal E-Verify program (US). We also abide by the Employment Equity Act (Canada).
Please note that EEOC is optional and specific to US-based candidates.
All team members meeting in person for official Grammarly business or working from a hub location are strongly encouraged to be vaccinated against COVID-19.