Senior Manager, Business Marketing, Lifecycle
Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, or Poland. Certain roles have specific location requirements to facilitate collaboration at a particular Grammarly hub.
All roles have an in-person component: Conditions permitting, teams meet 2–4 weeks every quarter at one of Grammarly’s hubs in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a workspace in Kraków. This flexible approach gives team members the best of both worlds: plenty of focus time along with in-person collaboration that fosters trust and unlocks creativity.
Grammarly team members in this role will collaborate in person [3–4] weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to different hubs. They are required to live within a commutable distance of their home hub of San Francisco. Grammarly may provide relocation assistance.
Every day, tens of millions of people and 50,000 professional teams worldwide trust Grammarly’s AI and human expertise to help ideate, compose, revise, and comprehend communications. Our team members have the autonomy to take on exciting challenges in pursuit of our mission to improve lives by improving communication. Together, we’re building on more than a decade of steady growth and profitability. We’re defining the communication assistance category with our tailored service offerings: Grammarly Free, Grammarly Premium, Grammarly Business, and Grammarly for Education. Our latest product offering, GrammarlyGO, brings the power of generative AI to our users. It all begins with our team collaborating in an inclusive, values-driven, and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Senior Manager, Lifecycle Marketing, B2B, to join our Lifecycle Marketing team. This role will evolve our lifecycle marketing into a mature ecosystem of touchpoints that increase awareness, interest, activation, expansion, and ultimately renewal of Grammarly Business (SMB).
The ideal candidate will have experience developing B2B marketing strategies for engagement, retention, and monetization of our global user base. They will be responsible for owning the performance and reporting of the full B2B lifecycle journey, partnering with Marketing Operations and Data teams to improve reporting, targeting, automation, and insights capabilities. This person must be a flexible and cross-functional team player comfortable with a fast-paced, often-ambiguous environment.
As the Senior Manager of Lifecycle Marketing, B2B, you will grow and nurture a high-performing team, including developing, recruiting, training, and mentoring talent. You will closely partner with B2C Lifecycle Marketing to run experiments that drive Free and Premium users to the B2B funnel. Other key partners include Acquisition, Sales, and Demand Generation.
In this role, you will:
- Help refine the vision, strategy, and operating guidelines of the team. You will add value to ongoing initiatives by asking questions and sharing insights and learnings from past experiences.
- Achieve a deep understanding of key objectives, performance metrics, and relative benchmarks for lifecycle marketing.
- Co-author a scalable B2B lifecycle strategy and deliver against business goals across the funnel. Assess and identify additional capabilities required for the team's success.
- Deliver sustained impact on B2B engagement, retention, and revenue.
- Nurture a fulfilled team with each member operating in strength-aligned roles and growth stories supported by individual career plans.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is able to collaborate in person in San Francisco and potentially other hubs 4 weeks per quarter.
- Is able to navigate an unstructured environment, understand the opportunities to focus on, and determine how to achieve goals independently.
- Understands the marketing goals, processes, and frameworks of a typical SaaS product focused on B2B segments and customer engagements while supporting B2B sales and product teams' agendas.
- Is hyper-focused on action with results and uses this "lens" every day to assess performance.
- Has expertise in Demand Generation, Lifecycle Marketing, and the differences between B2B and B2C marketing, with foundational knowledge of Sales motions.
- Can analyze and pull meaningful insights from both quantitative and qualitative data.
- Has marketing chops for all core facets of email marketing, including deliverability, project management, lifecycle strategy, data analysis, segmentation and targeting, A/B testing, and an intimate understanding of best practices.
- Has direct experience conceiving of and/or establishing regular reporting to analyze performance from both email engagement metrics and also business metrics.
- Has a strong handle on growth experiments: specifically, one can devise a sound experiment in order to obtain learning with incomplete data.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We believe that autonomy and trust are key to empowering our team members to do their best, most innovative work in a way that aligns with their interests, talents, and well-being. We support professional development and advancement with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. Our remote-first hybrid model enables a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER (ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable) values. We work to foster belonging among team members in a variety of ways. This includes our employee resource groups, Grammarly Circles, which promote connection among those with shared identities, such as BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ team members, women, and parents. We also celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific programs.
Compensation and benefits
Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing the following and more:
- Excellent health care (including a wide range of medical, dental, vision, mental health, and fertility benefits)
- Disability and life insurance options
- 401(k) matching (US only)
- Paid parental leave
- Twenty days of paid time off per year, eleven days of paid holidays per year, and unlimited sick days
- Home office stipends
- Caregiver and pet care stipends
- Wellness stipends
- Admission discounts
- Learning and development opportunities
Grammarly takes a market-based approach to compensation, which means base pay may vary depending on your location. Our US and Canada locations are categorized into compensation zones based on each geographic region’s cost of labor index. For more information about our compensation zones and locations where we currently support employment, please refer to this page.
Base pay may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The expected salary ranges for this San Francisco-based position are outlined below and may be modified in the future.
Zone 1: $173,000 – $250,000year (USD)
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, political belief, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and a participant in the US federal E-Verify program (US). We also abide by the Employment Equity Act (Canada).
Please note that EEOC is optional and specific to US-based candidates.
All team members meeting in person for official Grammarly business or working from a hub location are strongly encouraged to be vaccinated against COVID-19.