Strategic Finance Lead
Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, or Poland. Certain roles have specific location requirements to facilitate collaboration at a particular Grammarly hub.
All roles have an in-person component: Conditions permitting, teams meet 2–4 weeks every quarter at one of Grammarly’s hubs in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a workspace in Kraków. This flexible approach gives team members the best of both worlds: plenty of focus time along with in-person collaboration that fosters trust and unlocks creativity.
Grammarly team members in this role will collaborate in person 4 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to different hubs. They are required to live within a commutable distance of their home hub of San Francisco. Grammarly may provide relocation assistance.
Every day, tens of millions of people and 50,000 professional teams worldwide trust Grammarly’s AI and human expertise to help ideate, compose, revise, and comprehend communications. Our team members have the autonomy to take on exciting challenges in pursuit of our mission to improve lives by improving communication. Together, we’re building on more than a decade of steady growth and profitability. We’re defining the communication assistance category with our tailored service offerings: Grammarly Free, Grammarly Premium, Grammarly Business, and Grammarly for Education. Our latest product offering, GrammarlyGO, brings the power of generative AI to our users. It all begins with our team collaborating in an inclusive, values-driven, and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Strategic Finance Lead to join our Finance team. This person will partner with our operating team to provide strategic insights and recommendations to support decision-making for Grammarly’s long-term growth and operations. They will report to the Head of Strategic Finance and Financial Planning & Analysis and will play a key role in identifying high-performing talent for the Finance team. The ideal candidate is personable, highly analytical, detail-oriented, motivated, and dependable. They will thrive in a fast-paced environment that requires adaptability.
In this role, you will lead Grammarly’s Strategic Finance team. You will expand the Strategic Finance team into a high-performing source of talent for Grammarly, both within the Finance team and beyond.
In this role, you will:
- Partner with our senior leaders to support strategic initiatives and high-impact decisions, e.g., new market evaluation, company-wide pricing, goal setting, etc.
- Own the long-term financial model and analysis for Grammarly.
- Develop board presentations and materials and investor reporting and communications.
- Support financing, corporate development, and strategic partnership activities, including financial assessments and analysis, due diligence, and integration.
- Perform competitive analyses and turn them into insightful analyses for the business.
- Build and refine education materials around Grammarly’s value drivers and evangelize with our team members.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is able to collaborate in person in San Francisco and potentially other hubs 4 weeks per quarter.
- Has a minimum of 12 years of experience in finance, strategy, and/or business operation roles in high-growth companies, investment banking, or management consulting.
- Is exceptional with cross-functional collaboration and has experience with aligning senior executives.
- Has a track record of hiring, building, and managing high-performing teams.
- Has a strong understanding of subscription business models.
- Has the ability to distill complex issues into structured frameworks and concrete plans.
- Has exemplary verbal and written communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and is comfortable shifting priorities based on new insights and business needs.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We believe that autonomy and trust are key to empowering our team members to do their best, most innovative work in a way that aligns with their interests, talents, and well-being. We support professional development and advancement with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. Our remote-first hybrid model enables a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER (ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable) values. We work to foster belonging among team members in a variety of ways. This includes our employee resource groups, Grammarly Circles, which promote connection among those with shared identities, such as BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ team members, women, and parents. We also celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific programs.
Compensation and benefits
Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing the following and more:
- Excellent health care (including a wide range of medical, dental, vision, mental health, and fertility benefits)
- Disability and life insurance options
- 401(k) matching (US only)
- Paid parental leave
- Twenty days of paid time off per year, eleven days of paid holidays per year, and unlimited sick days
- Home office stipends
- Caregiver and pet care stipends
- Wellness stipends
- Admission discounts
- Learning and development opportunities
Grammarly takes a market-based approach to compensation, which means base pay may vary depending on your location. Our US and Canada locations are categorized into compensation zones based on each geographic region’s cost of labor index. For more information about our compensation zones and locations where we currently support employment, please refer to this page.
Base pay may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The expected salary ranges for this San Francisco-based position are outlined below and may be modified in the future.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, political belief, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and a participant in the US federal E-Verify program (US). We also abide by the Employment Equity Act (Canada).
Please note that EEOC is optional and specific to US-based candidates.
All team members meeting in person for official Grammarly business or working from a hub location are strongly encouraged to be vaccinated against COVID-19.