Head of Product Marketing
Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, or Poland. Certain roles have specific location requirements to facilitate collaboration at a particular Grammarly hub.
All roles have an in-person component: Conditions permitting, teams meet 2–4 weeks every quarter at one of Grammarly’s hubs in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a workspace in Kraków. This flexible approach gives team members the best of both worlds: plenty of focus time along with in-person collaboration that fosters trust and unlocks creativity.
Grammarly team members in this role will collaborate in person 4 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to different hubs. They are required to live within a commutable distance of their home hub of San Francisco. Grammarly may provide relocation assistance.
Every day, tens of millions of people and 50,000 professional teams worldwide trust Grammarly’s AI and human expertise to help ideate, compose, revise, and comprehend communications. Our team members have the autonomy to take on exciting challenges in pursuit of our mission to improve lives by improving communication. Together, we’re building on more than a decade of steady growth and profitability. We’re defining the communication assistance category with our tailored service offerings: Grammarly Free, Grammarly Premium, Grammarly Business, and Grammarly for Education. Our latest product offering, GrammarlyGO, brings the power of generative AI to our users. It all begins with our team collaborating in an inclusive, values-driven, and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re seeking a Head of Product Marketing to lead the Product Marketing function and drive strategy across Grammarly’s entire product offerings portfolio. The person in this role will define the function’s vision, develop a strategy, and propel execution to ensure that Grammarly achieves its long-range plans.
The ideal candidate will have experience closely partnering with product, growth, and sales leaders to develop portfolio-level product strategies. They will be responsible for leading a team of product marketers that influence product development and go-to-market strategy. This leader will need to be an experienced, hands-on, operational manager who can execute against business objectives while growing and developing a team of managers and individuals. They will bring a successful track record of launching and scaling B2B products or services in the marketplace. This person must be a flexible and cross-functional team player comfortable with a fast-paced, often-ambiguous environment.
As Head of Product Marketing, you will draw upon robust leadership experience to help empower people and businesses to improve their communication using Grammarly. You will be a key thought partner and will report to the Chief Marketing Officer.
In this role, you will:
- Influence multi-year product roadmaps by synthesizing industry, competitive, and customer insights into product inputs.
- Drive development of strategies (eg. positioning, pricing, packaging), in conjunction with the product and sales teams, resulting in significant user and/or revenue growth.
- Create compelling messaging and positioning that effectively positions us as a market leader, and communicates the value and differentiation of our products to target audiences (ie. professionals, enterprise buyers, etc.)
- Craft global go-to-market plans with well-defined success metrics and quarterback launches to drive the adoption of our offerings.
- Partner with the broader marketing team to execute campaigns that drive new signups, product adoption, and expansion.
- Enable our customer-facing teams to help improve sales efficiency through impactful enablement programs that support all stages of the sales cycle.
- Be a cross-organization, cross-functional leader and ensure the work we ship is cohesive and thoughtfully crafted and executed.
- Lead, manage, mentor, and grow a high-performing team of managers and individual contributors.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is able to collaborate in person in San Francisco and potentially other hubs 4 weeks per quarter.
- Has 10+ years of senior level product marketing experience, with at least 5+ in B2B businesses.
- Has a background in web technology or the digital communications industry.
- Has a passion for the fast paced and evolving world of technology (AI-related is a bonus) and how organizations can improve the way they interact with their customers.
- Is a strong writer and storyteller, and can hold a high bar for team outputs.
- Presents a proven record of mentoring and leading diverse and distributed teams. Has managed a direct team of 2+ reporting layers (has managed managers).
- Operates by our MOVE principles… “Move fast, learn faster”, “Obsesses about creating value for our customer”, “Values impact over activity”, “Embraces healthy disagreement rooted in trust”.
- Bonus points for experience with web consumer (or consumerized B2B) communications products or services.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We believe that autonomy and trust are key to empowering our team members to do their best, most innovative work in a way that aligns with their interests, talents, and well-being. We support professional development and advancement with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. Our remote-first hybrid model enables a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER (ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable) values. We work to foster belonging among team members in a variety of ways. This includes our employee resource groups, Grammarly Circles, which promote connection among those with shared identities, such as BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ team members, women, and parents. We also celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific programs.
Compensation and benefits
Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing the following and more:
- Excellent health care (including a wide range of medical, dental, vision, mental health, and fertility benefits)
- Disability and life insurance options
- 401(k) matching (US only)
- Paid parental leave
- Twenty days of paid time off per year, eleven days of paid holidays per year, and unlimited sick days
- Home office stipends
- Caregiver and pet care stipends
- Wellness stipends
- Admission discounts
- Learning and development opportunities
Grammarly takes a market-based approach to compensation, which means base pay may vary depending on your location. Our US and Canada locations are categorized into compensation zones based on each geographic region’s cost of labor index. For more information about our compensation zones and locations where we currently support employment, please refer to this page.
Base pay may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The expected salary ranges for this San Francisco-based position are outlined below and may be modified in the future.
Zone 1: $281,000 – $347,000year (USD)
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, political belief, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and a participant in the US federal E-Verify program (US). We also abide by the Employment Equity Act (Canada).
Please note that EEOC is optional and specific to US-based candidates.
All team members meeting in person for official Grammarly business or working from a hub location are strongly encouraged to be vaccinated against COVID-19.