Customer Support Specialist
Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, Poland, or Portugal. Certain roles have specific location requirements to facilitate collaboration at a particular Grammarly hub.
All roles have an in-person component: Conditions permitting, teams meet 2–4 weeks every quarter at one of Grammarly’s hubs in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a workspace in Kraków. This flexible approach gives team members the best of both worlds: plenty of focus time along with in-person collaboration that fosters trust and unlocks creativity.
Grammarly team members in this role must be based in Canada, and they must be able to collaborate in person 2 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub(s) where the team is based.
Every day, tens of millions of people and 50,000 professional teams rely on Grammarly’s AI-enabled communication assistance to help them communicate confidently and achieve their goals. Our team members have the autonomy to take on exciting challenges in pursuit of our mission to improve lives by improving communication. Together, we’re building on more than a decade of steady growth and profitability. We’re defining the communication assistance category for individuals, enterprises, and developers with tailored service offerings: Grammarly Premium, Grammarly Business, Grammarly for Education, and Grammarly for Developers. All of this begins with our team collaborating in an inclusive, values-driven, and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Customer Support Specialist to join our Customer Support team and provide timely, empathetic help that keeps the customer’s needs at the forefront of every interaction. This person will deliever assistance on product-related issues, including planning, installation, training, troubleshooting, maintenance, upgrading, and offboarding. They will be responsible for maintaining positive customer relations and satisfaction by providing service via email (help desk) and working cross-functionally with teams across Grammarly.
As a Customer Support Specialist, you will be the first point of contact for Grammarly customers. Knowing our product offerings inside and out, you will become a product expert and will take ownership of finding improved ways to deliver exceptional customer service and refine customer support solutions.
In this role, you will:
- Respond to a wide range of customer inquiries via Zendesk.
- Work closely with your support lead to meet ticket volume and quality requirements.
- Identify and escalate user issues, ensuring the information is shared appropriately with internal teams (engineering, marketing, sales, etc).
- Identify gaps in our internal knowledge base and suggest relevant improvements.
- Create individual OKRs and contribute toward team-wide OKRs to help us meet our goals.
Curious about what you’ll focus on first?
- Within the first 30 days, you will get familiar with Grammarly’s product offerings, support tools, workflows, and all user interaction types.
- By month three, you will autonomously troubleshoot a variety of low- and medium-complexity cases.
- By month six, you will contribute to the team’s OKRs by demonstrating high standards in speed and quality of solving all user interaction types.
- By the end of year one, you will help boost team efficiency by improving customer service procedures, policies, and standards.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is able to collaborate in person 2 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub where the team is based.
- Genuinely likes to help others and demonstrates an understanding of what good customer support entails.
- Has excellent written and spoken English.
- Is a good communicator with strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates strong reading comprehension and attention to detail.
- Has customer service experience and familiarity with tools like Zendesk, JIRA, etc. (This is not required but is a plus!)
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We believe that autonomy and trust are key to empowering our team members to do their best, most innovative work in a way that aligns with their interests, talents, and well-being. We support professional development and advancement with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. Our remote-first hybrid model enables a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER (ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable) values. We work to foster belonging among team members in a variety of ways. This includes our employee resource groups, Grammarly Circles, which promote connection among those with shared identities, such as BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ team members, women, and parents. We also celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific programs.
Compensation and benefits
Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing the following and more:
- Excellent health care (including a wide range of medical, dental, vision, mental health, and fertility benefits)
- Disability and life insurance options
- RRSP matching
- Paid parental leave
- Twenty days of paid time off per year, eleven days of paid holidays per year, and unlimited sick days
- Home office stipends
- Caregiver and pet care stipends
- Wellness stipends
- Admission discounts
- Learning and development opportunities
Grammarly takes a market-based approach to compensation, which means base pay may vary depending on your location. Our US and Canada locations are categorized into compensation zones based on each geographic region’s cost of labor index. For more information about our compensation zones and locations where we currently support employment, please refer to this page. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, political belief, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and a participant in the Employment Equity Act (Canada).
Please note that Grammarly’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires that all team members in North America be vaccinated against COVID-19 to meet in person for Grammarly business or to work from a North America hub location. Qualified candidates in North America who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief may request a reasonable accommodation to this policy. In Europe, all team members meeting in person for official Grammarly business or working from a hub location are strongly encouraged to be vaccinated and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
Something looks off?