Director, Finance (Enterprise)
Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, Poland, or Portugal. Certain roles have specific location requirements to facilitate collaboration at a particular Grammarly hub.
All roles have an in-person component: Conditions permitting, teams meet 2–4 weeks every quarter at one of Grammarly’s hubs in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a workspace in Kraków. This flexible approach gives team members the best of both worlds: plenty of focus time along with in-person collaboration that fosters trust and unlocks creativity.
Grammarly team members in this role will collaborate in person 4 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to different hubs. They are required to live within a commutable distance of their home hub of San Francisco. Grammarly may provide relocation assistance.
Every day, tens of millions of people and 50,000 professional teams rely on Grammarly’s AI-enabled communication assistance to help them communicate confidently and achieve their goals. Our team members have the autonomy to take on exciting challenges in pursuit of our mission to improve lives by improving communication. Together, we’re building on more than a decade of steady growth and profitability. We’re defining the communication assistance category for individuals, enterprises, and developers with tailored service offerings: Grammarly Premium, Grammarly Business, Grammarly for Education, and Grammarly for Developers. All of this begins with our team collaborating in an inclusive, values-driven, and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re hiring a senior leader to drive strategic business partnering for one of our largest lines of business and to join the senior leadership of our Finance team. This role will report directly to the CFO, join the Grammarly Finance senior leadership team, and partner closely with Grammarly executives.
In this role, you will:
- Lead business partnering, forecasting, and performance optimization for one of our most significant and strategic lines of business, working closely with its leadership team to scale an enterprise sales organization and its performance optimization.
- Lead cross-functional initiatives to drive user and revenue growth.
- Establish a strong strategic business partnering effort by recruiting, training, and mentoring a high-performing team and continuously identifying ways to increase its impact.
- Work in a dynamic, high-growth environment to drive rigorous, fact-based recommendations that drive better and faster decisions.
- Work closely with the rest of the Finance team to drive performance optimization, forecasting, and reporting.
- Provide expert guidance around related data, metrics, and business intelligence efforts.
- Join the Grammarly Finance senior leadership team, helping design, build, and tune a Finance organization that drives peak performance while meeting Grammarly’s rapidly growing needs.
You will be successful if you build strong cross-functional partnerships to drive better, faster decision-making while earning a reputation for a nuanced understanding of our business and the ability to help our company consistently deliver peak performance.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is able to collaborate in person in San Francisco and potentially other hubs 4 weeks per quarter.
- Has a deep fluency in the acquisition and retention dynamics of scaled subscription/SaaS businesses.
- Both thinks strategically and drives nuanced, detailed analyses.
- Has a collaboration mentality and can partner with and be an informed counterweight to deeply analytical and thoughtful leaders.
- Has experience with and passion for hyper-growth, dynamic, driven organizations.
- Has successfully built high-impact teams in strategic business partnering, forecasting/FP&A, retention analytics, marketing analysis, or product support, ideally in a hyper-growth, resource-constrained environment.
- Can effectively represent and explain Grammarly’s business both internally and externally.
- Has 15+ years of experience in strategic roles focused on building high-performing businesses. This is a senior role that reports directly to the CFO and is part of the Grammarly Finance senior leadership team. We have other roles as well.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We believe that autonomy and trust are key to empowering our team members to do their best, most innovative work in a way that aligns with their interests, talents, and well-being. We support professional development and advancement with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. Our remote-first hybrid model enables a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER (ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable) values. We work to foster belonging among team members in a variety of ways. This includes our employee resource groups, Grammarly Circles, which promote connection among those with shared identities, such as BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ team members, women, and parents. We also celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific programs.
Compensation and benefits
Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing the following and more:
- Excellent health care (including a wide range of medical, dental, vision, mental health, and fertility benefits)
- Disability and life insurance options
- 401(k) matching (US only)
- Paid parental leave
- Twenty days of paid time off per year, eleven days of paid holidays per year, and unlimited sick days
- Home office stipends
- Caregiver and pet care stipends
- Wellness stipends
- Admission discounts
- Learning and development opportunities
Grammarly takes a market-based approach to compensation, which means base pay may vary depending on your location. Our US and Canada locations are categorized into compensation zones based on each geographic region’s cost of labor index. For more information about our compensation zones and locations where we currently support employment, please refer to this page.
Base pay may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The expected salary ranges for this San Francisco-based position are outlined below and may be modified in the future.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, political belief, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and a participant in the US federal E-Verify program (US). We also abide by the Employment Equity Act (Canada).
Please note that EEOC is optional and specific to US-based candidates.
Please note that Grammarly’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires that all team members in North America be vaccinated against COVID-19 to meet in person for Grammarly business or to work from a North America hub location. Qualified candidates in North America who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief may request a reasonable accommodation to this policy. In Europe, all team members meeting in person for official Grammarly business or working from a hub location are strongly encouraged to be vaccinated and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
Something looks off?