Enterprise Customer Success Manager (West Coast)
Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, Poland, or Portugal. Certain roles have specific location requirements to facilitate collaboration at a particular Grammarly hub.
All roles have an in-person component: Conditions permitting, teams meet 2–4 weeks every quarter at one of Grammarly’s hubs in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a workspace in Kraków. This flexible approach gives team members the best of both worlds: plenty of focus time along with in-person collaboration that fosters trust and unlocks creativity.
Grammarly team members in this role must be based on the West Coast of the United States or Canada, and they must be able to collaborate in person 2 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub(s) where the team is based.
Every day, tens of millions of people and 50,000 professional teams rely on Grammarly’s AI-enabled communication assistance to help them communicate confidently and achieve their goals. Our team members have the autonomy to take on exciting challenges in pursuit of our mission to improve lives by improving communication. Together, we’re building on more than a decade of steady growth and profitability. We’re defining the communication assistance category for individuals, enterprises, and developers with tailored service offerings: Grammarly Premium, Grammarly Business, Grammarly for Education, and Grammarly for Developers. All of this begins with our team collaborating in an inclusive, values-driven, and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for an Enterprise Customer Success Manager to join our Customer Success team. In this role, you will be responsible for delivering value to key business customers, developing strong relationships with clients that drive adoption and high customer satisfaction, and gathering customer insights to share with the Marketing and Product teams. You will also work with the Sales team on expansions and renewals.
Since expanding our mission with Grammarly Business, our enterprise product offering has helped teams craft strong, consistent, and on-brand communication, and we have tripled our number of B2B relationships. Effective communication is the foundation of the modern workplace, and Grammarly Business is poised to be the enterprise application of choice for organizations of all sizes looking to up-level their communication. This role would be key to that mission.
As an Enterprise Customer Success Manager, you will be instrumental in bringing our product to businesses around the world. You will be one of our Customer Success team’s founding members, building a next-generation customer success motion that blends the best of proven approaches with rule-breaking ways to create an end-to-end approach that maximizes the value of Grammarly for our clients.
In this role, you will:
- Successfully onboard Grammarly Business users by training them on the tools available, determining how Grammarly can help them meet their objectives, and creating a plan based on their goals.
- Conduct regular account reviews, sharing metrics and insights to ensure that customers receive maximum value.
- Create and manage feedback loops, gathering actionable insights that will inform the product roadmap.
- Deliver high levels of customer satisfaction and NPS.
- Contribute to content and process improvements across the customer lifecycle to continuously improve the customer experience.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is able to collaborate in person 2 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub where the team is based.
- Builds strong relationships with people, understands their needs and goals, identifies creative solutions, and manages action items through to completion.
- Searches for reasons and causes. Has the ability to synthesize quantitative and qualitative data, make data-driven decisions, and use (sometimes incomplete) data to identify gaps and opportunities.
- Has a proven track record of delivering very high customer satisfaction scores.
- Actively advocates for customers, working cross-functionally with PMs, engineers, marketers, and others to delight customers and help them meet their business goals while being empathetic to other teams’ processes and priorities.
- Relentlessly sets aggressive short- and long-term goals and possesses a strong internal drive to achieve them.
- Identifies ways to create new leads and other sales opportunities within existing accounts. Has experience working with various stakeholders, from senior executives of large companies to end users.
- Actively contributes to voice customer initiatives, provides customer feedback to other teams, aids in prioritization, and follows through to resolution.
- Uses systems (e.g., CRM) to track all customer-related activities and deliverables, pipeline management, and revenue projection.
- Works to realize business value and expand customer relationships through deep knowledge of customer needs rather than a feature list.
- Has a general understanding of subscription business models, including freemium, free trial, account expansion, and upsells.
- Nice to Have: Bilingual Spanish
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We believe that autonomy and trust are key to empowering our team members to do their best, most innovative work in a way that aligns with their interests, talents, and well-being. We support professional development and advancement with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. Our remote-first hybrid model enables a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER (ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable) values. We work to foster belonging among team members in a variety of ways. This includes our employee resource groups, Grammarly Circles, which promote connection among those with shared identities, such as BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ team members, women, and parents. We also celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific programs.
Compensation and benefits
Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing the following and more:
- Excellent health care (including a wide range of medical, dental, vision, mental health, and fertility benefits)
- Disability and life insurance options
- 401(k) and RRSP matching
- Paid parental leave
- Twenty days of paid time off per year, eleven days of paid holidays per year, and unlimited sick days
- Home office stipends
- Caregiver and pet care stipends
- Wellness stipends
- Admission discounts
- Learning and development opportunities
Grammarly takes a market-based approach to compensation, which means base pay may vary depending on your location. Our US and Canada locations are categorized into compensation zones based on each geographic region’s cost of labor index. For more information about our compensation zones and locations where we currently support employment, please refer to this page. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Base pay may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The expected salary ranges for this position are outlined below by compensation zone and may be modified in the future.
Commissions are 20% of total sales. The market-based compensation differentials will be applied only to base pay for commission-eligible team members.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, political belief, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and a participant in the US federal E-Verify program (US). We also abide by the Employment Equity Act (Canada).
Please note that EEOC is optional and specific to US-based candidates.
Please note that Grammarly’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires that all team members in North America be vaccinated against COVID-19 to meet in person for Grammarly business or to work from a North America hub location. Qualified candidates in North America who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief may request a reasonable accommodation to this policy. In Europe, all team members meeting in person for official Grammarly business or working from a hub location are strongly encouraged to be vaccinated and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
Something looks off?