Strategic Finance Manager (West Coast)
Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, Poland, or Portugal. Certain roles have specific location requirements to facilitate collaboration at a particular Grammarly hub.
All roles have an in-person component: Conditions permitting, teams meet 2–4 weeks every quarter at one of Grammarly’s hubs in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a workspace in Kraków. This flexible approach gives team members the best of both worlds: plenty of focus time along with in-person collaboration that fosters trust and unlocks creativity.
Grammarly team members in this role must be based in the Pacific or Mountain time zones of the United States or Canada, and they must be able to collaborate in person 2 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub(s) where the team is based.
Every day, tens of millions of people and 50,000 professional teams rely on Grammarly’s AI-enabled communication assistance to help them communicate confidently and achieve their goals. Our team members have the autonomy to take on exciting challenges in pursuit of our mission to improve lives by improving communication. Together, we’re building on more than a decade of steady growth and profitability. We’re defining the communication assistance category for individuals, enterprises, and developers with tailored service offerings: Grammarly Premium, Grammarly Business, Grammarly for Education, and Grammarly for Developers. All of this begins with our team collaborating in an inclusive, values-driven, and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Strategic Finance Manager to join our Finance team. This high-impact role will report to our Head of Strategic Finance and Financial Planning & Analysis. They will support our business leaders with financial insights and recommendations to make informed strategic and operational decisions. The Strategic Finance Manager will play an integral role in building the Finance team at a fast-growing company. The ideal candidate is highly analytical, detail-oriented, motivated, and dependable, and they will thrive in a fast-paced environment that requires adaptability.
As a Strategic Finance Manager, you will collaborate closely with leaders throughout the organization to evaluate initiatives and inform decision-making.
In this role, you will:
- Partner with our Individuals business and develop an in-depth understanding of key business drivers for Bookings.
- Own and drive insightful analysis around the return of our acquisition investments to influence decision-making around our advertising.
- Create monthly forecast materials and other presentations for our Operating Team and business leaders to support investment decisions.
- Articulate the health of the business to the board of directors and investors through presentations and other materials.
- Assist with equity materials and other strategic ad hoc analyses and initiatives through sophisticated financial modeling and evaluation of risks and opportunities.
- Support business performance reporting through the preparation of internal and external reporting packages.
We’re looking for someone with
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is able to collaborate in person 2 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub where the team is based.
- Has 3+ years of experience in a top investment bank, management consulting firm, private equity firm, hedge fund, or finance role at a tech company—and ideally 2 years of tech experience.
- Displays a high level of genuine curiosity about our business, asks lots of questions, and exhibits an eagerness to learn.
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills.
- Shows an advanced aptitude and enthusiasm for complex problem-solving that uses financial modeling, including strong skills with spreadsheets.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills, including proficiency with PowerPoint or Google Slides.
- Working knowledge of SQL and Python or has a willingness to learn.
- Has formal training in financial and/or accounting concepts.
- Has experience with SaaS and/or enterprise software business models.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We believe that autonomy and trust are key to empowering our team members to do their best, most innovative work in a way that aligns with their interests, talents, and well-being. We support professional development and advancement with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. Our remote-first hybrid model enables a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER (ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable) values. We work to foster belonging among team members in a variety of ways. This includes our employee resource groups, Grammarly Circles, which promote connection among those with shared identities, such as BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ team members, women, and parents. We also celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific programs.
Compensation and benefits
Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing the following and more:
- Excellent health care (including a wide range of medical, dental, vision, mental health, and fertility benefits)
- Disability and life insurance options
- 401(k) and RRSP matching
- Paid parental leave
- Twenty days of paid time off per year, eleven days of paid holidays per year, and unlimited sick days
- Home office stipends
- Caregiver and pet care stipends
- Wellness stipends
- Admission discounts
- Learning and development opportunities
Grammarly takes a market-based approach to compensation, which means base pay may vary depending on your location. Our US and Canada locations are categorized into compensation zones based on each geographic region’s cost of labor index. For more information about our compensation zones and locations where we currently support employment, please refer to this page. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Base pay may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The expected salary ranges for this position are outlined below by compensation zone and may be modified in the future.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, political belief, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and a participant in the US federal E-Verify program (US). We also abide by the Employment Equity Act (Canada).
Please note that EEOC is optional and specific to US-based candidates.
Please note that Grammarly’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires that all team members in North America be vaccinated against COVID-19 to meet in person for Grammarly business or to work from a North America hub location. Qualified candidates in North America who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief may request a reasonable accommodation to this policy. In Europe, all team members meeting in person for official Grammarly business or working from a hub location are strongly encouraged to be vaccinated and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
Something looks off?