Business Development Representative
Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, or Poland. Certain roles have specific location requirements to facilitate collaboration at a particular Grammarly hub.
All roles have an in-person component: Conditions permitting, teams meet 2–4 weeks every quarter at one of Grammarly’s hubs in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a workspace in Kraków. This flexible approach gives team members the best of both worlds: plenty of focus time along with in-person collaboration that fosters trust and unlocks creativity.
Grammarly team members in this role must be based in Ukraine or Poland, and they must be able to collaborate in person 2 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub(s) where the team is based.
Please note that our Kyiv hub is open for optional use, but we are not requiring anyone living in Ukraine to travel for in-person time. We continue to provide support to our team members displaced within and outside Ukraine.
Every day, tens of millions of people and 50,000 professional teams rely on Grammarly’s AI-enabled communication assistance to help them communicate confidently and achieve their goals. Our team members have the autonomy to take on exciting challenges in pursuit of our mission to improve lives by improving communication. Together, we’re building on more than a decade of steady growth and profitability. We’re defining the communication assistance category for individuals, enterprises, and developers with tailored service offerings: Grammarly Premium, Grammarly Business, Grammarly for Education, and Grammarly for Developers. All of this begins with our team collaborating in an inclusive, values-driven, and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Business Development Representative to join our Grammarly for Education Sales team. This is a unique opportunity to help build a unique and unprecedented sales motion. You will be a founding member of the team, evolving our new Grammarly for Education sales motion using creative plays and tapping into our user base.
As a Business Development Representative, you will have an extraordinary opportunity to contribute to the expansion of Grammarly’s developing product designed for educational institutions and support the company’s growth goals.
In this role, you will:
- Qualify leads as sales opportunities through cold calls and emails.
- Collaborate closely with Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success to execute Grammarly for Education’s strategy for pipeline generation and new logo acquisition.
- Initiate contact with prospects through outbound and inbound efforts.
- Help build a fun, high-energy environment on the Sales team and across the organization.
- Uncover prospects’ business challenges and identify relevant new business opportunities.
- Manage pipeline and record all activities with leads and opportunities.
We're looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values: ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is able to collaborate in person 2 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub where the team is based. Please note that our Kyiv hub is open for optional use, but we are not requiring anyone living in Ukraine to travel for in-person time.
- Has hands-on sales experience.
- Has experience building and executing multi-touch sequences.
- Is not afraid to jump on a call to break the ice and create a bond.
- Isn’t fazed by hearing no and has a strong work ethic.
- Can flawlessly communicate in English, both written and spoken.
- Is open to feedback and coaching.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We believe that autonomy and trust are key to empowering our team members to do their best, most innovative work in a way that aligns with their interests, talents, and well-being. We also support professional development and advancement with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. Our remote-first hybrid model enables a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER (ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable) values. We work to foster belonging among team members in a variety of ways. This includes our employee resource groups, Grammarly Circles, which promote connection among those with shared identities including BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ team members, women, and parents. We also celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific programs.
- Comprehensive benefits for candidates based in Ukraine: Grammarly offers team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing life care (including mental health care and risk benefits) and ample and defined time off. We also offer support to set up a home office, wellness and pet care stipends, learning and development opportunities, and more. Note that benefits may differ by location.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. Grammarly is an equal opportunity company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, sexual identity, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, criminal prosecution, judgment in a criminal case, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more details about the personal data Grammarly collects during the recruitment process, for what purposes, and how you can address your rights, please see the Grammarly Data Privacy Notice for Candidates here.
All team members meeting in person for official Grammarly business or working from a hub location are strongly encouraged to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
Something looks off?