Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, or Poland. Certain roles have specific location requirements to facilitate collaboration at a particular Grammarly hub.
All roles have an in-person component: Conditions permitting, teams meet 2–4 weeks every quarter at one of Grammarly’s hubs in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a workspace in Kraków. This flexible approach gives team members the best of both worlds: plenty of focus time along with in-person collaboration that fosters trust and unlocks creativity.
Grammarly team members in this role must be based in Ukraine or Poland, and they must be able to collaborate in person 3 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub(s) where the team is based.
Please note that our Kyiv hub is open for optional use, but we are not requiring anyone living in Ukraine to travel for in-person time. We continue to provide support to our team members displaced within and outside Ukraine.
Every day, tens of millions of people and 50,000 professional teams rely on Grammarly’s AI-enabled communication assistance to help them communicate confidently and achieve their goals. Our team members have the autonomy to take on exciting challenges in pursuit of our mission to improve lives by improving communication. Together, we’re building on more than a decade of steady growth and profitability. We’re defining the communication assistance category for individuals, enterprises, and developers with tailored service offerings: Grammarly Premium, Grammarly Business, Grammarly for Education, and Grammarly for Developers. All of this begins with our team collaborating in an inclusive, values-driven, and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Procurement specialist to join our Finance team. This person will be involved in planning and conducting procurement procedures, negotiating prices and contract terms with vendors, conducting pricing analysis, monitoring and researching vendors, preparing reports, and improving procurement flow and policies.
As a Procurement specialist, you will be responsible for coordinating up to 20 procurement activities running simultaneously. You will manage a number of internal stakeholders while delivering service as quickly and efficiently as possible. You will need strong problem-solving and communication skills, as well as the ability to think outside the box.
In this role, you will work with hundreds of suppliers and cloud service providers, including top-tier cloud suppliers such as Amazon, Google, Microsoft. You will have the opportunity to develop and evolve with the procurement function within the product organization, and use a modern technology stack to reach data-driven decisions.
This role is an excellent opportunity to utilize and refine your existing skills in procurement, supplier management, contract negotiation, and process improvement. You will be tasked with complex problem-solving and you will need to collaborate effectively with multiple stakeholders. In this role, you will gain further insight into the procurement process and develop your skills further in the field.
In this role, you will:
- Coordinate purchase requests following vendor management and procurement processes.
- Work in procure-to-pay, facilitate contract lifecycle management, and track software management systems.
- Identify and deliver savings opportunities.
- Meet business requests within the timeline and proactively handle contract renewals.
- Build category strategies for the upcoming years.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is able to collaborate in person 2 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub where the team is based. Please note that our Kyiv hub is open for optional use, but we are not requiring anyone living in Ukraine to travel for in-person time.
- Has at least 3 years of procurement experience, including technology, cloud products and marketing experience
- Has experience leading continuous projects, with an ability to influence others without a mandate or formal policy.
- Has strong negotiation skills, with past success in achieving meaningful improvement of terms through negotiations.
- Has solid communication and interpersonal skills; can communicate complex matters and risks to all management levels.
- Has an upbeat attitude—will seek out opportunities and be willing to "roll up your sleeves.”
- Is disciplined and has a need to apply structure to life.
- Is thorough and goal-oriented, and can work well independently in a team environment.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We believe that autonomy and trust are key to empowering our team members to do their best, most innovative work in a way that aligns with their interests, talents, and well-being. We also support professional development and advancement with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. Our remote-first hybrid model enables a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER (ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable) values. We work to foster belonging among team members in a variety of ways. This includes our employee resource groups, Grammarly Circles, which promote connection among those with shared identities including BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ team members, women, and parents. We also celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific programs.
- Comprehensive benefits for candidates based in Ukraine: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing life care (including mental health care and risk benefits) and ample and defined time off. We also offer support to set up a home office, wellness and pet care stipends, learning and development opportunities, and more. Note that benefits may differ by location.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. Grammarly is an equal opportunity company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, sexual identity, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, criminal prosecution, judgment in a criminal case, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more details about the personal data Grammarly collects during the recruitment process, for what purposes, and how you can address your rights, please see the Grammarly Data Privacy Notice for Candidates here.
All team members meeting in person for official Grammarly business or working from a hub location are strongly encouraged to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
Something looks off?