Group Manager, Marketing Operations
Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, or Poland. Certain roles have specific location requirements to facilitate collaboration at a particular Grammarly hub.
All roles have an in-person component: Conditions permitting, teams meet 2–4 weeks every quarter at one of Grammarly’s hubs in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a workspace in Kraków. This flexible approach gives team members the best of both worlds: plenty of focus time along with in-person collaboration that fosters trust and unlocks creativity.
Grammarly team members in this role must be based in the United States or Canada, and they must be able to collaborate in person 4 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub(s) where the team is based.
Every day, tens of millions of people and 50,000 professional teams rely on Grammarly’s AI-enabled communication assistance to help them communicate confidently and achieve their goals. Our team members have the autonomy to take on exciting challenges in pursuit of our mission to improve lives by improving communication. Together, we’re building on more than a decade of steady growth and profitability. We’re defining the communication assistance category for individuals, enterprises, and developers with tailored service offerings: Grammarly Premium, Grammarly Business, Grammarly for Education, and Grammarly for Developers. All of this begins with our team collaborating in an inclusive, values-driven, and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a seasoned Group Manager of Marketing Operations to join our Marketing team. This person will be responsible for driving marketing operations strategy, including automation and messaging platforms, associated integrations, and dependent processes supporting B2C and B2B lifecycle marketing and demand generation.
As Group Manager, Marketing Operations, you will directly impact our ability to generate B2C and B2B revenue via lifecycle marketing and demand generation. You will partner with marketing, engineering, and analytics leaders to unlock capabilities for our lifecycle marketing team in the areas of scale, velocity, data accessibility, and experimentation. Your team will shepherd users and prospective users through personalized experiences across marketing channels, including email, push notifications, in-product messaging, web personalization, and paid acquisition, ensuring that they’re efficiently progressing through the buyer journey.
In this role, you will:
- Lead marketing operations in a marketplace business, weighing the needs of various lines of business to ensure operational excellence.
- Develop and grow a talented team, assessing and filling any skill gaps needed to execute against marketing operations strategy.
- Own the marketing tech stack and manage any associated migrations.
- Improve how Grammarly helps organizations and individuals realize the value of our product through lifecycle marketing and demand generation.
- Efficiently enable communication across channels and across LOBs from disparate databases, all while complying with Grammarly's User Trust promise.
- Facilitate tight alignment of database management, segmentation strategies, and marketing automation and associated messaging across multiple lines of business (Grammarly Business, Grammarly for Education, Grammarly for Developers and Grammarly’s consumer line of business).
- Ensure that marketing and sales are working in lockstep and that systems and processes are aligned to ultimately increase MQL > SQL > revenue conversion.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is able to collaborate in person 4 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub where the team is based.
- Has experience leading marketing operations for both B2C and B2B marketing teams. B2C experience is required.
- Has expertise working with marketing automation and customer engagement platforms at scale, including leveraging data pipelines to drive scale, velocity, data accessibility, and experimentation.
- Understands marketing fundamentals and best practices, including demand generation, lifecycle marketing, paid acquisition, growth, and associated analytics.
- Can establish and foster mutual feelings of support inside and outside of the Marketing Operations team.
- Has the ability to recruit new talent and evolve the department by motivating team members, managing performance, and matching individuals to roles that play to their talents.
- Has advanced data analysis skills and proven experience analyzing and pulling meaningful insights from both quantitative and qualitative data. Has an understanding of key performance metrics for both B2B and B2C marketing teams.
- Searches for reasons and causes behind data and has the ability to synthesize quantitative and qualitative data, make data-driven decisions, and use (often incomplete) data to identify gaps and opportunities.
- Can develop a structured, strategic pipeline for innovation in performance and in relation to other teams’ goals and projects, and can allocate resources (bandwidth and budget) accordingly.
- Is hyper-focused on results and uses this lens every day to assess performance, provide guidance to their team, and make decisions.
- Can successfully coordinate and direct multiple stakeholders, details, and timelines toward a specific goal while managing complex projects with moving pieces and timelines.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We believe that autonomy and trust are key to empowering our team members to do their best, most innovative work in a way that aligns with their interests, talents, and well-being. We support professional development and advancement with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. Our remote-first hybrid model enables a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER (ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable) values. We work to foster belonging among team members in a variety of ways. This includes our employee resource groups, Grammarly Circles, which promote connection among those with shared identities, such as BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ team members, women, and parents. We also celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific programs.
Compensation and benefits
Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing the following and more:
- Excellent health care (including a wide range of medical, dental, vision, mental health, and fertility benefits)
- Disability and life insurance options
- 401(k) and RRSP matching
- Paid parental leave
- Twenty days of paid time off per year, eleven days of paid holidays per year, and unlimited sick days
- Home office stipends
- Caregiver and pet care stipends
- Wellness stipends
- Admission discounts
- Learning and development opportunities
Grammarly takes a market-based approach to compensation, which means base pay may vary depending on your location. Our US and Canada locations are categorized into compensation zones based on each geographic region’s cost of labor index. For more information about our compensation zones, please refer to this page. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Base pay may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The expected salary ranges for this position are outlined below by compensation zone and may be modified in the future.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, political belief, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and a participant in the US federal E-Verify program (US). We also abide by the Employment Equity Act (Canada).
Please note that EEOC is optional and specific to US-based candidates.
All team members meeting in person for official Grammarly business or working from a hub location are strongly encouraged to be vaccinated against COVID-19.