Founded in 2017, Formant is the leading cloud-based platform for managing fleets of heterogeneous robots. Formant’s platform enables companies to operate, observe, and analyze robots from anywhere, meeting the growing need of robotics companies looking to deploy into new environments and scale their fleets.
We are inspired by the unique opportunities and challenges of connecting robots to each other, people and the cloud. We believe that more effective infrastructure can help unlock the shared potential of humans and robots and accelerate the successful deployment of autonomous systems throughout society.
As a team, we value humility, honesty, and creativity. We have a friendly, remote culture full of people from diverse backgrounds. We’re small but growing rapidly and just closed our Series A.
Account Executives at Formant progress our commercial relationships with the leadership teams at our customers, who are creating some of the most advanced technology companies on the planet.
- Manage and close complex sales opportunities with medium to large scale prospects in the robotics and autonomy industry
- Understand prospective customers’ business models, uncover their challenges, and effectively navigate their organizations
- Employ learnings from early sales successes and failures to refine a repeatable and scalable engagement process
- Partner with marketing to manage the pipeline, partner with product to keep our focus on customer needs, and partner applications engineering to anticipate customer questions, concerns, and objections
- Drive calls, supervise demos, co-own pilots all the way to a signed contract and then handoff to your partners in customer success
- Deliver accurate forecasts to drive accurate planning
- Create and execute business plans to achieve annual and quarterly sales goals
- Demonstrated success in leading, and closing, 6/7-figure enterprise technology deals
- 3+ years of B2B SaaS technology sales experience, preferably in big data, analytics, robotics, or IoT
- Experience identifying, navigating, and selling to complex prospect target organizations and stakeholders from developers up to C-suite
- Willingness to be a ‘sales generalist’, owning both outward facing SaaS sales but also reinforcing internal sales discipline around tracking, estimating, and forecasting
- Ability to preserve a high level of energy and persistence through occasionally long sales cycles
- Superior written and verbal skills, and an ability to craft and deliver presentations that engage both technical and business audiences
- Super collaborative, and with an eye for detail and for having fun while building something totally new
- Experience working at a high-growth early-stage startup
At Formant, you’ll make an immediate impact in a rapidly growing company run by a founding team with an established track record.
We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits, stock options and an unlimited vacation policy as well as unlimited potential for internal growth and advancement.
We work fully remotely, though some travel for company events or customer projects may be required depending on the role.