Sales Development Representative
Hey there. Glad you found us! Flock Freight is a technology company that’s creating a smarter, more sustainable supply chain. Recognized on the CNBC “Top 50 Disruptors” list three years running (checking in this year at #20), Flock’s patented technology finds and fills trucks’ empty spaces so shippers can save money, carriers can earn more money, and goods move terminal-free with more accuracy and fewer emissions. Sounds like a pretty big task, right? Welp, it is. But we know we can make it happen.
If you’re looking for the opportunity to make a difference then you’ve come to the right place. We’re looking for folks that are innovative, love collaborating in a fast-paced environment, and find joy and excitement in doing the hard work. If that sounds like you then keep on reading and see if this role is the one for you.
About the Role:
The Sales Development Representative (SDR) is an inside sales role that will work closely with our marketing and inbound sales teams to actively pursue new leads. This person will be responsible for using their knowledge of Flock Freight’s products and services to nurture leads, generate sales opportunities and qualify potential accounts. This role bridges the gap between our demand generation team and inbound sales team, and is a step towards an exciting career in sales or marketing.
The SDR’s primary focus will be making an outstanding first impression of Flock Freight.
- Understand the freight industry at large, the company and what makes Flock Freight different from the competition
- Intake new inbound leads as targeted accounts and prospects
- Leverage tools and systems to qualify leads, stay organized and call on prospects
- Move prospects from warm to hot, with assistance from response templates and playbooks
- Answer questions about the company, services and products
- Push interested prospects towards self-service signup or a demo/consultation experience
- Document your activities, including response times, and opportunity details into our CRM
- Consistently hit and be rewarded for achieving your activity metrics and quotas
- Collaborate closely with Inbound Account Executives (AEs) to ensure successful handoff and quick closes
- Previous SDR, sales, field marketing or customer service experience is preferred
- Knowledge of working in a CRM or marketing automation systems is preferred, but not required
- Experience working within sales enablement tools, such as Outreach, is a plus
- Must have a passion for communications and be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A college degree or its equivalent is required
- Strong communication skills, especially persuasion, to clearly convey the benefits of a product or service to potential customers
- Must be energized with the challenge of starting something new
- A high level of organization is required, with a flexibility to adapt to changing priorities
- Should have the desire to be actively mentored in your career
- Be an individual contributor that accepts and implements coaching and best practices
Join our team at Flock Freight and play a vital role in our mission to revolutionize the transportation industry. We offer a competitive salary, commission earnings potential, and a comprehensive benefits package. If you are passionate about sales and thrive in a collaborative and innovative environment, apply today and embark on an exciting career journey with us!
The expected on-target earnings range for this position is $50,000 to $70,000 per year. When determining an offer, we take into account a variety of factors that are important in making compensation decisions including, but not limited, to: skill sets; experience and tenure; education and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate is based on market data for the greater San Diego area. Salary bands may, in some circumstances, be adjusted to a different geographic area depending on the candidate's position and location. In general, Flock Freight targets the mid-point of this salary range.
In addition to salary, full-time employees are also eligible for an equity package and our competitive benefits that support you and your family as part of your total rewards package at Flock Freight. This is a hybrid in-office position, and your presence will be expected in Flock Freight’s San Diego headquarters (in a hybrid capacity). Ask your recruiter for more specifics about your team's hybrid policy!
Our promise to you:
Flock Freight is committed to creating an environment that’s fair and inclusive. We fill our open positions based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We value the skills of people from all backgrounds and are proud to hire, promote, and retain talent from a diverse candidate pool. Diverse perspectives are central to innovation at Flock Freight and make our team better. We're interested in your inherent abilities, not just the skills you bring from your last role - if you think you have what it takes to succeed in the role but don't check every box, please still get in touch. We'd love to start a conversation with you.
Life & Benefits of the Flock:
- Unlimited PTO: Our Flockers work hard and deserve the time they need to rest and recharge. With no accrual system, we encourage you to the time you need off, when you need it.
- 401(k) Employer Match: We know Flock may just be a stepping stone in your epic journey, but we want to be sure you’re setting your future self up for success! For that reason, we provide a 401(k) plan that offers a 4% employer match.
- Medical, Dental & Vision: Generous coverage for employees and dependents. Both HMO and PPO options provided with 100% Employer paid options for employees.
- Mental Health: We offer all employees and their dependents (this includes anyone in your household) access to free virtual therapy sessions through HealthiestYou. This free service also offers nutritional help, general medicine and dermatology.
- Hybrid Work Environment: We are happy to offer our employees a hybrid work model to balance both the power of in-person connection and flexibility of work from home. In general, Flock Freight teams are on-site 3 days a week.
Flock Freight has zero tolerance for behavior that negatively impacts marginalized groups, including women, people of color, veterans, immigrants, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQIA+ community. We invite people of all identities to join the Flock!
Something looks off?