Director of Revenue Operations
Hey there. Glad you found us! Flock Freight is a technology company that’s creating a smarter, more sustainable supply chain. Recognized on the CNBC “Top 50 Disruptors” list three years running (checking in this year at #20), Flock’s patented technology finds and fills trucks’ empty spaces so shippers can save money, carriers can earn more money, and goods move terminal-free with more accuracy and fewer emissions. Sounds like a pretty big task, right? Welp, it is. But we know we can make it happen.
If you’re looking for the opportunity to make a difference then you’ve come to the right place. We’re looking for folks that are innovative, love collaborating in a fast-paced environment, and find joy and excitement in doing the hard work. If that sounds like you then keep on reading and see if this role is the one for you.
As the Director of Revenue Operations you will be at the forefront of our strategic initiatives, shaping a data-driven RevOps strategy that aligns seamlessly with our ambitious goals and lays the groundwork for sustainable success at Flock Freight.
Your role will be instrumental in establishing and fine-tuning efficient processes across marketing, sales, and customer success, that not only drive growth but also enable comprehensive data capture throughout the entire customer sales cycle. By transforming raw data into actionable insights, you will help to guide strategic decisions at every stage of the customer sales cycle, from prospect engagement to expansion.
What you’ll be doing:
- Build and implement a data-driven RevOps strategy by defining the vision and scope of the RevOps function, ensuring alignment with the company's overall business goals
- Build strong cross-functional relationships across sales (acquisition and expansion teams), marketing, product, and other departments to ensure seamless integration of the RevOps function
- Develop a data-driven forecasting model based upon Salesforce Opportunity data to achieve monthly revenue forecasting
- Define and track core metrics for each stage of the growth funnel, ensuring coverage of vital performance indicators
- Champion the integration of RevOps across the organization, fostering a data-driven, customer-centric approach to sales and marketing decisions
- Empower the sales and marketing team with fully visible and accurate sales lifecycle data, with a focus on pipeline and forecasts
- Establish and optimize sales motions and processes to create a predictable growth engine
Who you are:
- You are a strategic thinker and a visionary, but enjoy being in the weeds and getting your hands dirty
- You have grit and aren’t easily deterred by obstacles and bumps in the road
- You strive for excellence in everything you do, down to the little details
- You are analytical and data-driven, with a probing mind to achieve penetrating insights
- You are flexible and adaptable and thrive in a startup environment, which ultimately comes with shifting priorities at lightning speed
- You are a builder of consensus and have the data up your sleeve to back your story
What you need:
- 10+ years of experience in a relevant role (ie sales, revenue) with 2+ years in a leadership capacity, paired with a solid understanding of Revenue Operations
- Experience in process design, optimization and direct implementation across marketing, sales, and account management
- Ability to be hands-on while effectively influencing other teams and resources
- Deep knowledge and extensive experience with our tools and tech stack (Salesforce, Outreach or other Sales Engagement tool, ZoomInfo, Showpad, 6sense)
- Ability to evaluate, prioritize and iteratively implement high value add tools and processes within our sales technology stack, driven by highest ROI improvements
- Proven track record of establishing efficient sales processes in Salesforce that enable data capture and increase desired business outcomes (leveraging both standard objects like Opportunities, Activities, etc, and creating custom objects to streamline workflows)
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to manage multiple, complex projects
- Intimate knowledge of sales forecasting, pipeline analysis, quota setting, outbound prospecting, pricing, contracting, RFPs, proposals, and reporting/analytics
- Experience with BI tools such as Tableau, Looker, etc.
Join our team at Flock Freight and become part of our mission to revolutionize the transportation industry. We offer competitive compensation, including uncapped commission potential, as well as a comprehensive benefits package. Apply today and embark on an exciting career journey with us!
The expected on-target earnings range for this position is $170,000 to $225,000 per year. This range reflects typical earning potential in this role. When determining an offer, we take into account a variety of factors that are important in making compensation decisions including, but not limited, to: skill sets; experience and tenure; education and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate is based on market data for the greater San Diego area. Salary bands may, in some circumstances, be adjusted to a different geographic area depending on the candidate's position and location. In general, Flock Freight targets the mid-point of this salary range.
In addition to salary, full-time employees are also eligible for an equity package and our competitive benefits that support you and your family as part of your total rewards package at Flock Freight. Our policy is that we target candidates local to one of Flock Freight’s headquarters locations (San Diego) and ask that employees work in-office in a hybrid capacity. Ask your recruiter for more specifics about your team's hybrid policy!
Our promise to you:
Flock Freight is committed to creating an environment that’s fair and inclusive. We fill our open positions based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We value the skills of people from all backgrounds and are proud to hire, promote, and retain talent from a diverse candidate pool. Diverse perspectives are central to innovation at Flock Freight and make our team better. We're interested in your inherent abilities, not just the skills you bring from your last role - if you think you have what it takes to succeed in the role but don't check every box, please still get in touch. We'd love to start a conversation with you.
Life & Benefits of the Flock:
- Unlimited PTO: Our Flockers work hard and deserve the time they need to rest and recharge. With no accrual system, we encourage you to the time you need off, when you need it.
- 401(k) Employer Match: We know Flock may just be a stepping stone in your epic journey, but we want to be sure you’re setting your future self up for success! For that reason, we provide a 401(k) plan that offers a 4% employer match.
- Medical, Dental & Vision: Generous coverage for employees and dependents. Both HMO and PPO options provided with 100% Employer paid options for employees.
- Hybrid Work Environment: We are happy to offer our employees a hybrid work model to balance both the power of in-person connection and flexibility of work from home. In general, Flock Freight teams are on-site 3 days a week.
Flock Freight has zero tolerance for behavior that negatively impacts marginalized groups, including women, people of color, veterans, immigrants, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQIA+ community. We invite people of all identities to join the Flock!