Manager, Customer Sales
Hey there. Glad you found us! Flock Freight is a technology company that’s creating a smarter, more sustainable supply chain. Recognized on the CNBC “Top 50 Disruptors” list three years running (checking in this year at #20), Flock’s patented technology finds and fills trucks’ empty spaces so shippers can save money, carriers can earn more money, and goods move terminal-free with more accuracy and fewer emissions. Sounds like a pretty big task, right? Welp, it is. But we know we can make it happen.
If you’re looking for the opportunity to make a difference then you’ve come to the right place. We’re looking for folks that are innovative, love collaborating in a fast-paced environment, and find joy and excitement in doing the hard work. If that sounds like you then keep on reading and see if this role is the one for you.
About the Role:
The objective of the Customer Sales Manager is to build and develop a highly agile and effective team within our rapidly evolving Customer Sales organization. To succeed in this role, you must be forward-thinking, tech-savvy, data-driven, and comfortable both operating and leading in an ambiguous and ever-changing environment. You will be expected to collaborate with leaders across the company including Carrier, Operations, Product and Analytics. Please note, this is a *hybrid on-site* role located in our San Diego, CA office.
- Train, develop, and directly manage a team of Account Executives
- Continuously set goals for your team members, monitor performance, provide ongoing feedback, and conduct performance reviews on a monthly cadence
- Drive daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly revenue growth from our new and existing customer base
- Assist in overseeing your teams portfolio of clients and develop rapport with all key decision-makers
- Implement and communicate business growth strategies through goal setting, accountability management, and motivation techniques such as team rewards and contest
- Collaborate closely with our customer success team and sales leadership to develop new business and form strong customer relationships, including on-site customer presentations and quarterly business reviews
- Closely monitor your account executives performance and identify ways to help maximize their overall success
- Support the customer service and issue resolution process for your team when needed
- Work with a sense of urgency to solve problems and train reps to do the same
- Coach new and veteran employees on our service offerings, market trends, and industry standards
- Act as our market guru who understands lane level pricing to help make decisions
- Coordinate the bid process and identify new business opportunities within the sales pipeline
- Effectively gather, organize, and analyze data through Excel and CRM platforms
- Utilize various reporting platforms to organize and analyze data on a daily basis (Mode, TMS)
- 5+ years of transportation industry experience required, including some experience in a people management role
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Proficient in standard 3PL Tech Stacks (TMS Systems, tracking software, etc.)
- Comfortable with data, including proficient Microsoft Excel ability
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Highly collaborative with the ability to work effectively with all departments.
- Organized with high attention to detail.
Join our team at Flock Freight and play a vital role in our mission to revolutionize the transportation industry. We offer a competitive salary, uncapped commission potential, and a comprehensive benefits package. If you are passionate about sales and thrive in a collaborative and innovative environment, apply today and embark on an exciting career journey with us!
The expected base salary range for this position is $115,000 to $130,000 per year, with the opportunity to earn additional variable compensation based on team and company performance. When determining an offer, we take into account a variety of factors that are important in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to: skill sets; experience and tenure; education and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate is based on market data for the greater San Diego area. Salary bands may, in some circumstances, be adjusted to a different geographic area depending on the candidate's position and location. In general, Flock Freight targets the mid-point of this salary range.
In addition to salary, full-time employees are also eligible for an equity package and our competitive benefits that support you and your family as part of your total rewards package at Flock Freight. This role is based in San Diego, CA, and we ask that employees work in-office in a hybrid capacity. Ask your recruiter for more specifics about your team's hybrid policy!
Our promise to you:
Flock Freight is committed to creating an environment that’s fair and inclusive. We fill our open positions based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We value the skills of people from all backgrounds and are proud to hire, promote, and retain talent from a diverse candidate pool. Diverse perspectives are central to innovation at Flock Freight and make our team better. We're interested in your inherent abilities, not just the skills you bring from your last role - if you think you have what it takes to succeed in the role but don't check every box, please still get in touch. We'd love to start a conversation with you.
Life & Benefits of the Flock:
- Unlimited PTO: Our Flockers work hard and deserve the time they need to rest and recharge. With no accrual system, we encourage you to the time you need off, when you need it.
- 401(k) Employer Match: We know Flock may just be a stepping stone in your epic journey, but we want to be sure you’re setting your future self up for success! For that reason, we provide a 401(k) plan that offers a 4% employer match.
- Medical, Dental & Vision: Generous coverage for employees and dependents. Both HMO and PPO options provided with 100% Employer paid options for employees.
- Hybrid Work Environment: We are happy to offer our employees a hybrid work model to balance both the power of in-person connection and flexibility of work from home. In general, Flock Freight teams are on-site 3 days a week.
Flock Freight has zero tolerance for behavior that negatively impacts marginalized groups, including women, people of color, veterans, immigrants, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQIA+ community. We invite people of all identities to join the Flock!