Manager, Customer Success
Hey there. Glad you found us! Flock Freight is a technology company that’s creating a smarter, more sustainable supply chain. Recognized on the CNBC “Top 50 Disruptors” list three years running (checking in this year at #20), Flock’s patented technology finds and fills trucks’ empty spaces so shippers can save money, carriers can earn more money, and goods move terminal-free with more accuracy and fewer emissions. Sounds like a pretty big task, right? Welp, it is. But we know we can make it happen.
If you’re looking for the opportunity to make a difference then you’ve come to the right place. We’re looking for folks that are innovative, love collaborating in a fast-paced environment, and find joy and excitement in doing the hard work. If that sounds like you then keep on reading and see if this role is the one for you.
What's the role all about?
Your role as our Customer Success Manager at Flock Freight is to develop and coach a team of Account Managers. You and your team are responsible for a portfolio of clients that deem operational support and ensure retention and continued growth. You drive process improvements by making data-driven decisions for our Customer Success Department to minimize churn and drive the continuous expansion of wallet share within our existing customer base.
- Train, develop, and directly manage a team of Account Managers on our service offerings, market trends, and industry standards to ensure the best customer experience
- Ensure our Account Managers are executing on our department SLA’s and fulfilling the requirements of the specific customer SOPs
- Continuously set new monthly goals for your team members, monitor performance, provide ongoing feedback and conduct qualitative performance reviews on a biweekly cadence
- Drive daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly shipment growth from our existing customer base YoY
- Assist your team by jumping in during high-level issue resolution
- Guide team members and assist with building and hosting monthly business reviews as well as quarterly business reviews to uncover growth opportunities and areas for improvement
- Implement and communicate business growth strategies through goal setting, accountability management, and motivation techniques such as team rewards and contests
- Collaborate closely with our sales team and sales management to develop new business and form strong customer relationships, including on-site customer presentations and quarterly business reviews
- Closely monitor account performance and identify ways to maximize overall wallet share, profitability, and service metrics
- Seek ways to improve operational inefficiencies and minimize bottlenecks by making data-driven decisions: operating ratios
- Coordinate bid processes and identify new business opportunities within the sales pipeline
- Review the pricing teams’ rates and maximize the RFP’s based on your innate knowledge of the account and ensure we execute on any contractual commitments to our customers
- Effectively gather, organize, and analyze data through Excel and CRM platforms, and utilize various reporting platforms to organize and analyze data on a daily basis (Mode, TMS)
What does the day-to-day look like?
- Operational Management
- Onboarding, Coaching, & Management
- Customer Issue Resolution & Relationship Ownership
- Leveraging Data & Analytics
- Pricing & Retention Strategies
- 3-5 Years of relevant freight industry experience, preferably in the brokerage environment
- Minimum 2 years of freight brokerage leadership experience
- Flexibility to work after hours, weekend, and/or holidays as needed
The expected compensation range for this position is $115,000 - $140,000 (OTE, inclusive of commission). Expected base salary range for this position is $80,000 - $100,000/yr. When determining an offer, we take into account a variety of factors that are important in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and tenure; education and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate is based on market data for the greater San Diego area. Salary bands may, in some circumstances, be adjusted to a different geographic area depending on the candidate’s position and location. In general, Flock Freight targets the mid-point of this salary range.
In addition to salary, full-time employees are also eligible for an equity package and our competitive benefits that support you and your family as part of your total rewards package at Flock Freight. If you are local to San Diego, Chicago, or the surrounding areas, your presence will be expected in one of Flock Freight’s headquarters locations (San Diego or Chicago) in a hybrid capacity. Ask your recruiter for more specifics about your team's hybrid policy!
Our promise to you:
Flock Freight is committed to creating an environment that’s fair and inclusive. We fill our open positions based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We value the skills of people from all backgrounds and are proud to hire, promote, and retain talent from a diverse candidate pool. Diverse perspectives are central to innovation at Flock Freight and make our team better. We're interested in your inherent abilities, not just the skills you bring from your last role - if you think you have what it takes to succeed in the role but don't check every box, please still get in touch. We'd love to start a conversation with you.
Life & Benefits of the Flock:
- Unlimited PTO: Our Flockers work hard and deserve the time they need to rest and recharge. With no accrual system, we encourage you to the time you need off, when you need it.
- 401(k) Employer Match: We know Flock may just be a stepping stone in your epic journey, but we want to be sure you’re setting your future self up for success! For that reason, we provide a 401(k) plan that offers a 4% employer match.
- Medical, Dental & Vision: Generous coverage for employees and dependents. Both HMO and PPO options provided with 100% Employer paid options for employees.
- Mental Health: We offer all employees and their dependents (this includes anyone in your household) access to free virtual therapy sessions through HealthiestYou. This free service also offers nutritional help, general medicine and dermatology.
- Hybrid Work Environment: We are happy to offer our employees a hybrid work model to balance both the power of in-person connection and flexibility of work from home. In general, Flock Freight teams are on-site 3 days a week.
Flock Freight has zero tolerance for behavior that negatively impacts marginalized groups, including women, people of color, veterans, immigrants, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQIA+ community. We invite people of all identities to join the Flock!