EDI Program Manager
Hey there. Glad you found us! Flock Freight is a technology company that’s creating a smarter, more sustainable supply chain. Recognized on the CNBC “Top 50 Disruptors” list three years running (checking in this year at #20), Flock’s patented technology finds and fills trucks’ empty spaces so shippers can save money, carriers can earn more money, and goods move terminal-free with more accuracy and fewer emissions. Sounds like a pretty big task, right? Welp, it is. But we know we can make it happen.
If you’re looking for the opportunity to make a difference then you’ve come to the right place. We’re looking for folks that are innovative, love collaborating in a fast-paced environment, and find joy and excitement in doing the hard work. If that sounds like you then keep on reading and see if this role is the one for you.
About the Role:
Flock Freight is seeking a highly-skilled Program Manager for Technical Onboarding who will co-own the responsibility for scaling our customer integrations function. The ideal candidate will be responsible for establishing EDI technical integrations and automating end-to-end workflows for new customers that join our Flock Freight platform. They will work with customers, 3rd party vendors, and internal sales/engineering teams to build a seamless end-to-end experience for our customers and internal users. They will partner with the Flock Freight Sales Leadership to set the strategy for these partner integrations and build a team to roll them out at scale. Additionally, they will drive the maturing of this function into a scalable and repeatable process.
- Primarily responsible for mapping all new EDI 204,990, and 214 requests in Flock’s EDI platform for new and existing trading partners.
- Coordinate with sales team and customers/carriers to discover customer profile, key contacts, detailed business/freight needs, and ramp-up schedule
- Identify business requirements necessary for implementations and coordination with the product team to scope and schedule development work as part of implementation projects
- Coordinate with the engineering team to understand integration technology components, support new and ongoing integrations, handle issues, and communicate with customers when there are issues
- Understand the customers’ unique needs and requirements to effectively translate those into the Flock Freight tech environment
- Comprehend the nuance of shipper TMS (Transportation Management System) data schema, and map those effectively to the Flock Freight data schema
- Invent new ways of interpreting customer shipment data and translating that into the key parameters required to ship shared truckload (e.g. linear feet)
- Identify the need for allocation of resources within assigned projects
- Build rapport with project team and stakeholders
- Maintain project plans including all deliverable dates and resource requirements
- Oversee progress of project team resources, including functional support groups
- Successfully transfer knowledge to Sales and Operations Team as documented throughout the project lifecycle
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working in Supply Chain or Logistics related field
- 4 years of experience in technical project management or project management role preferred
- Working knowledge of B2B protocols for freight; EDI, REST API, XML
- A minimum 2 years experience integrating EDI 204,990,214
- Experience with EDI 210 is a plus
- Excel/data management skills
- Experience using SQL strongly preferred
- Exposure to Integrations (preferably transportation, warehousing, and/or order management systems) and the software development lifecycle
- Flexible hours (some weekend/late hours may be required
A successful candidate will:
- Have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Be able to collaborate across functional groups and expertise internally and externally, including customers, carriers, internal sales teams, and internal technology teams
- Have great skills in relationship management, meeting management, presentation, discussion, documentation
- Demonstrate great ownership and accountability over the successful onboarding of our customers and carriers
- Multitask multiple ongoing projects
- Have a history of project managing solutions through to a smooth go-live
- Be able to build, lead, and manage a growing team as this function scales with the company
The expected compensation range for this position is $100,000 to $125,000 per year. When determining an offer, we take into account a variety of factors that are important in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and tenure; education and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate is based on market data for the greater San Diego area. Salary bands may, in some circumstances, be adjusted to a different geographic area depending on the candidate's position and location. In general, Flock Freight targets the mid-point of this salary range.
In addition to salary, full-time employees are also eligible for an equity package and our competitive benefits that support you and your family as part of your total rewards package at Flock Freight. If you are local to San Diego, Chicago, or the surrounding areas, your presence will be expected in one of Flock Freight’s headquarters locations (San Diego or Chicago) in an in-office or hybrid capacity. Ask your recruiter for more specifics about your team's hybrid policy!
Our promise to you:
Flock Freight is committed to creating an environment that’s fair and inclusive. We fill our open positions based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We value the skills of people from all backgrounds and are proud to hire, promote, and retain talent from a diverse candidate pool. Diverse perspectives are central to innovation at Flock Freight and make our team better. We're interested in your inherent abilities, not just the skills you bring from your last role - if you think you have what it takes to succeed in the role but don't check every box, please still get in touch. We'd love to start a conversation with you.
Life & Benefits of the Flock:
- Unlimited PTO: Our Flockers work hard and deserve the time they need to rest and recharge. With no accrual system, we encourage you to the time you need off, when you need it.
- 401(k) Employer Match: We know Flock may just be a stepping stone in your epic journey, but we want to be sure you’re setting your future self up for success! For that reason, we provide a 401(k) plan that offers a 4% employer match.
- Medical, Dental & Vision: Generous coverage for employees and dependents. Both HMO and PPO options provided with 100% Employer paid options for employees.
- Mental Health: We offer all employees and their dependents (this includes anyone in your household) access to free virtual therapy sessions through HealthiestYou. This free service also offers nutritional help, general medicine and dermatology.
- Hybrid Work Environment: We are happy to offer our employees a hybrid work model to balance both the power of in-person connection and flexibility of work from home. In general, Flock Freight teams are on-site 3 days a week.
Flock Freight has zero tolerance for behavior that negatively impacts marginalized groups, including women, people of color, veterans, immigrants, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQIA+ community. We invite people of all identities to join the Flock!
Something looks off?