Operations Account Manager
Hey there. Glad you found us! Flock Freight is a technology company that’s creating a smarter, more sustainable supply chain. Recognized on the CNBC “Top 50 Disruptors” list three years running (checking in this year at #20), Flock’s patented technology finds and fills trucks’ empty spaces so shippers can save money, carriers can earn more money, and goods move terminal-free with more accuracy and fewer emissions. Sounds like a pretty big task, right? Welp, it is. But we know we can make it happen.
If you’re looking for the opportunity to make a difference then you’ve come to the right place. We’re looking for folks that are innovative, love collaborating in a fast-paced environment, and find joy and excitement in doing the hard work. If that sounds like you then keep on reading and see if this role is the one for you.
What’s the role all about?
As an Operations Account Manager, you play a pivotal role in delivering exceptional customer experiences and driving business growth. You're a master of operational execution and have an innate ability to foster strong relationships built on trust, collaboration, and support. With your keen attention to detail and unwavering commitment to customer satisfaction, you ensure that each load delivered delights our customers and sets the standard for operational excellence.
What does the day-to-day look like?
Operating our business:
- Ensure you effectively onboard and understand your new clients and their service expectations, and build and maintain SOPs for all customers
- Own the day-to-day operational needs and requirements of your customers, including handling escalations and resolving issues quickly
- Ensure proper setup for successful billing, including understanding accessorials agreements and resolving any outstanding billing issues, collections, or credit needs
- Build trusting relationships with key decision makers and understand and document customer expectations around scheduling, tracking, and communication
- Utilize sales and relationship-building skills to uncover new lane opportunities and growth potential and ensure consistent delivery of KPIs and service metrics
- Evaluate and potentially integrate the client's TMS system to their standards, identifying a timeframe for implementation and automation
Being a thought leader:
- Drive account operations, daily execution, and cultivate a collaborative, supportive, and valuable service product that retains customers
- Own and operate the load lifecycle, remaining in constant communication with customers to consistently deliver positive outcomes and proactively mitigate risks
- Drive retention by ensuring the best customer experience within our customer success department.
What qualifications do I need to succeed in this role?
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1+ year of logistics experience, preferably in the brokerage environment
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate relationships and build trust with internal and external partners
- Self directed and adept at working in highly dynamic environments
- Highly organized, self-motivated, and detail-oriented; great follow-through on projects/tasks big and small
The expected compensation range for this position is $79,380 - $94,460 (OTE, inclusive of commission). When determining an offer, we take into account a variety of factors that are important in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and tenure; education and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate is based on market data for the greater San Diego area. Salary bands may, in some circumstances, be adjusted to a different geographic area depending on the candidate’s position and location. In general, Flock Freight targets the mid-point of this salary range.
In addition to salary, full-time employees are also eligible for an equity package and our competitive benefits that support you and your family as part of your total rewards package at Flock Freight. If you are local to San Diego, Chicago, or the surrounding areas, your presence will be expected in one of Flock Freight’s headquarters locations (San Diego or Chicago) in a hybrid capacity. Ask your recruiter for more specifics about your team's hybrid policy!
Our promise to you:
Flock Freight is committed to creating an environment that’s fair and inclusive. We fill our open positions based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We value the skills of people from all backgrounds and are proud to hire, promote, and retain talent from a diverse candidate pool. Diverse perspectives are central to innovation at Flock Freight and make our team better. We're interested in your inherent abilities, not just the skills you bring from your last role - if you think you have what it takes to succeed in the role but don't check every box, please still get in touch. We'd love to start a conversation with you.
Life & Benefits of the Flock:
- Unlimited PTO: Our Flockers work hard and deserve the time they need to rest and recharge. With no accrual system, we encourage you to the time you need off, when you need it.
- 401(k) Employer Match: We know Flock may just be a stepping stone in your epic journey, but we want to be sure you’re setting your future self up for success! For that reason, we provide a 401(k) plan that offers a 4% employer match.
- Medical, Dental & Vision: Generous coverage for employees and dependents. Both HMO and PPO options provided with 100% Employer paid options for employees.
- Mental Health: We offer all employees and their dependents (this includes anyone in your household) access to free virtual therapy sessions through HealthiestYou. This free service also offers nutritional help, general medicine and dermatology.
- Hybrid Work Environment: We are happy to offer our employees a hybrid work model to balance both the power of in-person connection and flexibility of work from home. In general, Flock Freight teams are on-site 3 days a week.
Flock Freight has zero tolerance for behavior that negatively impacts marginalized groups, including women, people of color, veterans, immigrants, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQIA+ community. We invite people of all identities to join the Flock!