San Francisco Bay AreaRemote
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, June 2, 2023
Faros AI is helping build the engineering organizations of the future. Most engineering organizations today have a very loose grasp of their operations. This is because of the extreme fragmentation of the modern tech stack and resulting silo-ed data sources that makes it non-trivial to answer even simple questions about engineering processes and outcomes. With Faros AI, we aim to change this.
Faros AI is an engineering operations data platform that brings all engineering data in one place to give engineering leaders a single-pane view of their entire software development lifecycle, and we are looking for a Sr. Data Analyst to help us realize Faros AI’s enormous potential.
In particular, our Customer Experience (CX) team is looking for a Sr. Data Analyst to accelerate the data insights for our prospects and customers across their Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) use cases. This is a highly visible and strategic role that will be interfacing cross-functionally along with customer champions and stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have a passion for data, a strong focus on customer objectives and translating them to data visualizations and reports that are leveraged by key customers.
Responsibilities may include:
1. Developing relationships with business and technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization, and becoming an expert on a customer’s data and reports by understanding their top business goals and priorities.
2. Solving technical data issues and bringing the business and technical goals of our customers to life with timely and proactive recommendations and hands-on implementation.
3. In partnership with the CX team, providing top notch service and engineering support including managing production implementation and onboarding onto the Faros platform.
4. Being a trusted technical advisor through the entire customer journey, and partnering with the CX team on creating seamless customer experiences through current and future needs of Faros implementation.
5. Providing feedback to Faros product and engineering teams to help inform product direction identifying trends in Faros adoption and utilization.
What we care about:
1. You are an owner. At Faros, we place a premium on individual responsibility and ownership. This means, for instance, that you pick up the trash when you see it. In turn, we trust you to prioritize your time to have the most impact, and provide you with maximal information to be able to decide on your priorities intelligently.
2. You value being part of a team. At Faros, we believe in winning as a team. Our guiding principle is to act in the best interests of the team, with the belief that all else will follow.
3. You’re always learning. Start-ups are rapidly evolving businesses. There will constantly be new scenarios and technical challenges coming your way, and you have to thrive in all the new learnings.
1. 5+ years of industry experience in a hands-on data analytics role for a SaaS product managing large scale implementation and sophisticated resolutions within Enterprise customer environments. Providing dedicated technical support oversight, and willing to become a product expert and customer technical trusted advisor.
2. Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level.
3. Skills for both analyzing technical data concepts and translating them into business terms, mapping business requirements into technical features, and providing relevant technical recommendations on solutions, reports and enhancements specific to customers’ business needs.
4. Proficiency with scripting languages such as SQL, shell etc.
5. Experience coding against APIs.
6. Strong communication skills — both written and oral.
1. Hands-on experience with a data analytics product such as Tableau, PowerBI, or Looker.
2. Familiarity with DevOps tools and the entire software development lifecycle.
3. Ability to travel up to 20%