Senior Product Designer
As digital assets and cryptocurrency become more widely adopted every day, our products are essential to ensure cryptocurrency is safe and accessible to all. Our solutions help to prevent financial crime and allow cryptocurrencies to be used for good. Our products are used by some of the world’s leading cryptocurrency exchanges, financial institutions and government agencies to screen over $1 billion of transactions every single week.
Elliptic is backed by some of the top VCs: SBI Group, Albion VC, Octopus Ventures, SignalFire, Paladin Capital, Santander InnoVentures, and Digital Currency Group, and we have grown globally with teams in the UK, USA, Singapore and Tokyo.
To achieve our mission, we depend on our incredible team of Elliptites. Our values are reflected in everything we do and every decision we make, both internally and outwardly to our customers. We actively encourage Elliptities to challenge the status quo and allow the freedom to innovate and learn every day. We encourage new ideas and learning, whether that’s through collaboration, our curiosity sessions, or utilising your professional development budget - personal growth is important to us all.
What’s the role?
Elliptic is looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our product-engineering organisation who believes in a customer-needs centric approach to product development. We believe that the fastest route to great products is to involve our customers in every stage of the process, listen to them with empathy, enabling us to fail quickly and cheaply so that we can afford to fail and learn often.
We want someone who is passionate about creating products customers love using by delighting them with tools designed to be simple to use, intuitive to learn and enable them to make powerful decisions for their business.
We believe that the most innovative solutions arise from empowered and diverse cross functional teams who are focused on creative problem solving together.
What will you do?
- Join a dedicated cross-functional team and be responsible for the design approach end to end working in step with product people, engineers and our lovely wider team to solve highly valued problems in the crypto industry.
- Bring innovation to our products by experimenting with ideas and testing hypotheses. Bringing the best of these through to life with the team to quickly validate and iterate on them to help us achieve our goals.
- Learn an exciting new industry and become an expert in it quickly by collaborating with a team with deep domain understanding.
- Be a committed member of our team of designers, sharing what you’ve learnt and supporting each other to raise the standards of the design discipline at Elliptic.
What impact will you make?
- Be fully leading your design space with your cross functional team
- Be setting the standard and shaping how Product design practice happens at Elliptic in collaboration with Product Management and Engineering
- Be contributing to roadmap prioritisation, championing (amongst other things) problem & opportunity validation and customer experience improvements
You will be a great fit here if you:
- Care about asking great questions
- Have an innate and insatiable curiosity
- Have a pragmatic approach to finding the balance between the ideal and the possible
Our ideal candidate:
- Has spent a few years embedded in cross functional product teams, ideally designing and building B2B SaaS products, and has made some mistakes along the way.
- Is resident in the UK within commutable distance to London. We’re a hybrid team and we love to get our teams together on a monthly basis for some collaboration, discussions and the chance to eat together! We believe this balance of some regular facetime together but mostly remote gives our team the best of both worlds.
Bonus Points for:
- A working understanding of any aspect of the cryptocurrency industry
- Having designed products in use by Government Agencies or Financial Institutions.
> How we work:
- Hybrid working and the option to work from almost anywhere for up to 90 days per year
- £500 Remote working budget to set up your home office space
> Learning & Development:
- $1,000 Learning & Development budget to use on anything (agreed with your manager) that contributes to your growth and development
- LinkedIn Learning subscription.
> Vacation/ Leave:
- Holidays: 25 days of annual leave + bank holidays
- An extra day for your birthday
- Enhanced parental leave: we provide eligible employees, regardless of gender or whether they become a parent by birth or adoption, 16 weeks fully-paid leave and leave.
- Private Health Insurance - we use Vitality!
- Full access to Spill Mental Health Support
- Life Assurance: we hope you will never need this - but our cover is for 4 times your salary to your beneficiaries
- £100 Crypto for you!
- Cycle to Work Scheme
We know Diversity and Inclusion is much deeper than just hiring, but it’s important for us to mention it here. We welcome and embrace individuals of all backgrounds and identities at Elliptic, and this is an ongoing priority for us. We know incredible people don’t all think in the same way. We want to be challenged every day. We believe our diverse team of individuals underpins this by bringing creative thinking and innovation to Elliptic every day. We are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace, so we welcome applications from everyone, even if you may not think you fit all of the requirements of our roles. We foster an environment of psychological safety, where everyone feels comfortable to bring their whole self to work.
Something looks off?