Account Executive, Schools
ClassDojo's goal is to accelerate humanity’s progress, by giving every child on Earth an education they love.
We started by building a network that connects teachers, children, and families. ClassDojo’s flagship app is the #1 communication app connecting K-8 teachers, children, and families, globally. They use it to share what’s happening throughout the day through photos, videos, messages, and activities. It is actively used at an unprecedented scale: in over 95% of US schools, reaching ~51 million children in ~180 countries, with a team of just ~200 people ). We are now beginning to use this network to give kids the best learning experiences in the world, far beyond those a standard school can provide.
We hire for talent density. Our team comprises the most talented, entrepreneurial, and innovative teammates from around the world, with experience in education and large scale consumer internet companies, including Instagram, Netflix, Dropbox, Stripe, Uber, Y Combinator, and more. We’re building a company where the most talented people want to work. We believe you’ll do the best work of your life here—and you’ll pioneer the future of education, too.
What you’ll do:
As a School Account Executive at ClassDojo, you will play a pivotal role in growing ClassDojo’s adoption within pre-K and elementary schools in the US. You'll leverage your expertise to build and nurture strong relationships with key decision makers in schools. By understanding their unique needs and challenges, you'll provide consultative solutions that align with their educational goals. Your responsibilities will include:
- Building and managing the school sales cycle end-to-end.
- Designing and owning all sales touch-points to drive ClassDojo’s adoption among schools
- Using market research to identify potential stakeholders while staying updated on industry trends.
- Collaborating cross-functionally with product, marketing, success/implementation, and legal teams to ensure seamless client onboarding and solution customization.
- Utilizing your strong negotiation skills to close deals and meet or exceed sales targets.
- Providing exceptional customer service and support throughout the sales process and beyond.
- Leveraging your strategic thinking to develop and execute account plans, track progress, and drive long-term client success.
You will be a match if:
- You have 3+ years building sales pipelines and owning sales conversations and at least 3+ year experience selling to schools or districts in the US.
- You have a proven track record of hitting your sales targets consistently.
- You thrive in managing sales opportunities, navigating through the buying process, and moving deals towards successful implementation.
- You have a deep passion about K-12 education space, you’re constantly learning about the industry and deeply curious about it.
- You have top-notch presentation and communication skills that allow you to deliver impactful sales pitches and product demonstrations.
- You thrive in cross-functional teams, especially working together with product and marketing to cater to the unique needs of schools excites you.
You might be a good fit if:
- You have experience working at small start-ups where you built the sales GTM from scratch or one of the early members of a founding sales team.
- You have deep product knowledge about ed-tech classroom management and family communication products.
 Some more context:
- ClassDojo is one of Y Combinator’s Top 100 companies
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are happy to accommodate any disabilities or special needs. We are a distributed company, so we hire regardless of location, as long as you are willing to have significant hours overlap with one of the Americas time zones.