Sales Development Representative
ClassDojo's goal is to accelerate humanity’s progress, by giving every child on Earth an education they love.
We started by building a network that connects teachers, children, and families. ClassDojo’s flagship app is the #1 communication app connecting K-8 teachers, children, and families, globally. They use it to share what’s happening throughout the day through photos, videos, messages, and activities. It is actively used at an unprecedented scale: in over 95% of US schools, reaching ~51 million children in ~180 countries, with a team of just ~200 people ). We are now beginning to use this network to give kids the best learning experiences in the world, far beyond those a standard school can provide.
We hire for talent density. Our team comprises the most talented, entrepreneurial, and innovative teammates from around the world, with experience in education and large scale consumer internet companies, including Instagram, Netflix, Dropbox, Stripe, Uber, Y Combinator, and more. We’re building a company where the most talented people want to work. We believe you’ll do the best work of your life here—and you’ll pioneer the future of education, too.
What you’ll do:
As a Sales Development Representative with an educator background, you will play a pivotal role in growing ClassDojo’s adoption in the US. Leveraging your empathy, deep understanding of classroom dynamics, and passion for education, you will build and nurture strong relationships with key decision makers in districts and schools.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop and execute a strategic plan to engage and establish relationships with key decision-makers within a portfolio of small school districts and school leaders.
- Own the sales pipeline for small districts and school leaders. Effectively manage opportunities, advancing them through the decision making process and ensuring a smooth transition to implementation.
- Create and deliver compelling presentations and product demos that highlight the value of ClassDojo in addressing the needs and aspirations of districts and school leaders.
- Generate qualified district and school leader leads via phone calls, emails or other forms of contact.
You will be a match if:
- You are a former educator, school or district admin.
- Your experience in the schools/districts has cultivated empathy, allowing you to connect authentically with fellow educators.
- You’d like to build a career in a sales role where you’ll get to build relationships with education decision makers.
- Your natural grit and determination empower you to build relationships and drive results in the sales process.
- You possess exceptional communication skills, enabling you to convey the value of ClassDojo's solutions to educators.
- Collaboration and continuous learning are values you hold dear, and you thrive in a dynamic and evolving environment.
You might be a good fit if:
- Your time in Teach for America or the classroom has given you insights into the nuances of education that uniquely position you for success in EdTech sales.
- You have experience influencing educators to adopt new education technologies.
- Your passion for education fuels your motivation to explore the EdTech landscape and its potential for positive change.
- Relationship-building comes naturally to you, and you are excited about introducing educators to solutions that can enhance their teaching experiences.
- Personalized communication is a strength, and you can tailor your presentations to resonate with educators' specific needs.
- Collaboration and a commitment to continuous learning are essential components of your approach to professional growth.
 Some more context:
- ClassDojo is one of Y Combinator’s Top 100 companies
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are happy to accommodate any disabilities or special needs. We are a distributed company, so we hire regardless of location, as long as you are willing to have significant hours overlap with one of the Americas time zones.