Senior Product Manager, Editor
Bubble empowers businesses and entrepreneurs around the world to build software and apps without writing any code or having to think about infrastructure. Our mission is to democratize access to software creation, regardless of your background or technical expertise.
Today, we have an industry-leading no-code tool with a rich visual programming language and full suite of design features that helps users build full-stack web applications - from VC-backed startups and internal company tools, to personal projects and more. We raised a $100 million Series A after years of bootstrapping, and we’re one of the fastest growing companies in the New York tech ecosystem.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced PM to join our Editor team and deliver significant impact to our users and objectives. The Editor is where users actually build their apps - from designing the UI on a WYSIWYG canvas, to writing the business logic and user flows, to defining the database structures. It is thus the very heart and core of the entire Bubble experience. You can think of the Bubble Editor as a combined IDE and programming language in the traditional web development sense. Using this analogy, you will own the visual programming language scope.
Bubble’s visual programming language is a key differentiator from other no-code tools in the market. This is how users express the underlying logic in their applications without needing to use code. Bubble’s visual programming language is a mixture of a few native features - workflows, dynamic expressions, and conditional logic - as well as core design tooling.
Because anything is possible with code, the two big (and fun!) existential questions you’ll be wrestling with are:
- How do you create a visual programming language that is every bit as expressive as code yet way easier to understand and use for technical & non-technical users alike?
- How do you empower users to design beautiful, responsive UIs with no prior design experience - or, satisfy the customization requirements of a professional designer?
First and foremost, you identify strongly with Bubble’s mission and think of yourself as a builder type who is hands-on by nature. We are looking for someone with a technical background (engineering/code, Bubble expertise, etc.) who can “speak the language” of both software engineers and web designers, with prior experience working on a core product team of a complex software product.
- 4+ years experience as a product manager; experience leading team strategy
- Experience delivering user and business impact with a complex product such as a programming language or an editor/creator tool (bonus if in the no-code space!)
- Have owned successful product releases in the past, from large to small, in coordination with Product Marketing
- Possess a technical background. Bubble’s core functionality is complex and requires understanding established programming and web development principles
- Have worked in a pod / squad structure with Engineering and Product Design at a startup of our scale or slightly bigger
- Comfortable with the challenge of prioritizing across a large product surface area to maximize ROI
- Clear communicator, good at building relationships and influence across the org
- Adept at collaborating closely with design and engineering, as well as cross-functionally, to get things done
- Metrics-driven and good at setting clear success metrics to drive impact
- Experience with foundational research in coordination with User Research and Product Data teams and knows how to ask the right questions to get good quantitative and qualitative data
- Proficient in Bubble already, or excited about becoming an expert-level Bubble developer
If this sounds like you, apply! If you don’t meet all of the qualifications but think you could be a match, we’d still love the chance to review your application.
We offer competitive compensation aligned to tier one markets, such as New York City, San Francisco, and Seattle. Our estimated salary for this role at Bubble ranges from $145,000 to $196,000. Actual pay is determined by multiple factors such as skills, qualifications, experience and market demand.
At Bubble, we encourage people from all ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. Bubble does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Bubble is remote-friendly, and we have employees who work across the United States. In-office requirements will vary by role. You'll be able to identify which state you plan to work in on your application. Note: at this time, we are only considering candidates who are authorized to work in the U.S. and are within commuting distance of our office based in Manhattan, NYC.