ML Software Engineer
Blue Voice is an innovative seed-stage startup incubated at Harvard Business School (HBS). Our primary mission is to empower first responders with state-of-the-art SaaS solutions, leveraging machine learning and LLMs (Large Language Models) to revolutionize their workflow, response times, and overall efficiency while improving outcomes. We have recently been backed by Signalfire as our lead investor.
Position: ML Software Engineer
Reports to: Chief Technical Officer (CTO)
Location: Preferred SF Bay Area. Open to remote.
- Collaborate closely with the CTO and founding team to design, implement, and iterate on our core SaaS product, ensuring optimal use of ML and LLM capabilities leveraging highly skilled software contractors.
- Lead the development and deployment of the initial product for law enforcement officers while supplemented with contractors for UI/UX and DevOps.
- Keep updated on the latest developments in LLM technologies, especially from platforms like Langchain, OpenAI, etc.
- Take end-to-end ownership of LLM chatbot development from design to deployment, ensuring robustness, scalability, and maintainability.
- Actively participate in product decisions, offering technical insights and innovations.
- Guide, mentor, and eventually manage other team members and engineers as the team grows.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field. Advanced degrees are a plus.
- 3-4 years of software engineering experience, with a strong foundation in SaaS applications.
- Proficiency in Python and familiarity with modern software development best practices.
- Solid understanding and hands-on experience with machine learning algorithms and applications.
- Familiarity with or an ability to learn mobile application deployment as integration of Python ML components with mobile full stack development on React Native.
- Previous experience or interest in working with startups or seed-stage ventures.
- Familiarity with the architecture, capabilities, and APIs of leading LLM platforms such as Langchain, OpenAI, etc. or ML platforms like TensorFlow and PyTorch.
- Experience with cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP) and deploying scalable ML solutions in the cloud.
- Strong understanding of software development life cycles, CI/CD pipelines, and Agile methodologies.
- Prior exposure to, or a strong interest in, the first responder ecosystem or related fields.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a "can-do" attitude and the agility to pivot in a fast-evolving environment where each month and task at hand are different.
- A genuine passion for technology, in particular LLMs, and their potential to positively impact society.
- Continuous learner who actively seeks out new challenges and growth opportunities.
- Competitive salary with substantial equity options.
- Opportunities for professional growth and leadership in a fast-growing startup.
- Flexible working hours and option for remote work.
- Health and wellness benefits.
For more information or to apply, please send your resume and any relevant portfolio or project links to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blue Voice is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and experiences.