Software Engineer (Rust)
As a Rustacean at Alchemy, you'll be on the forefront of building the technology that powers the decentralized web. Rust is a critical component of the blockchain ecosystem, and as a Rust developer, you'll be responsible for designing and implementing key systems and services that enable secure, fast, and scalable interactions with the blockchain. You'll work with a team of talented engineers to build performant and reliable infrastructure that enables the next generation of decentralized applications. You'll also have the opportunity to contribute to the open source Rust ecosystem, collaborating with other developers to improve the language and tooling for blockchain applications. If you're passionate about building robust, high-performance software that helps shape the future of the crypto ecosystem, we'd love to hear from you.
- Design and implement high-performance, scalable, and maintainable services and open source software in Rust.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather requirements, provide technical guidance, and ensure timely delivery of projects.
- Optimize and refactor existing code for improved performance, stability, and maintainability.
- Stay current with the latest web3 and Rust developments, and drive the adoption of best practices and emerging technologies.
- Contribute to the development of internal tools and libraries to streamline development processes and improve code quality.
- Participate in code reviews, provide constructive feedback, and mentor junior team members.
- Collaborate with the wider web3 ecosystem, including contributing to open-source projects and participating in industry events.
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent professional experience.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience, with a focus on Rust programming.
- Strong understanding of systems programming, concurrency, and memory management in Rust.
- Demonstrated experience with web3 technologies, including blockchain protocols, smart contracts, and decentralized applications.
- Solid understanding of networking protocols and experience with asynchronous programming.
- Familiarity with modern software development practices, including version control (Git), continuous integration, and automated testing as applied to Rust stacks.
- Proven ability to design, implement, and optimize high-performance, scalable, and maintainable code.
- Excellent problem-solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams.