Customer Success Associate - Onboarding
Lehi, UT, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2024
At MainStreet, we’re problem solvers.
Our products aim to do one thing: save startup founders and small business owners time, money, and peace of mind. We started by demystifying complicated tax credits, saving over $100M – and countless hours of tax code research 🥱– for founders in nearly every industry. Since our sort-of viral beginnings in 2019, we’ve raised a $60M Series A, expanded our product lines (with more in the works), and grew from 3 employees to our current team!
We owe our success to the strength of our team. Before joining MainStreet, we helped build companies like Intuit, PayPal, Google, Apple, Coinbase, Gusto, LinkedIn, Slack, and more. We’re fellow founders, engineers, accountants, designers, dog (and cat) lovers, adventurers, coders, and parents. We move fast. We think big. We don’t take ourselves too seriously. And we’d love for you to join us.
MainStreet is looking for a Customer Success Associate to educate, onboard, and support our customers throughout their journey with MainStreet, similar to an account manager. You'll be instrumental in customer adoption and retention by addressing customer concerns and product issues, connecting them with experts for in-depth questions, and by communicating learnings to management. This is an in-person position based in Lehi, Utah. You will report directly to our Tax Credit Success Manager.
What you’ll do
- Onboard our partners’ small business customers on to the MainStreet tax credit platform
- Continuously learn about the customer journey and our expanding product features to provide a world class customer experience
- Effectively advocate for the needs of your customers, working proactively to propose solutions and identify opportunities for growth
- Quickly resolve customer inquiries via video or phone
- Process and organize information from customer interactions into our CRM
- Identify customer needs and escalate relevant inquiries to appropriate teams
- Perform outstanding customer service while maintaining confidential information
What we’re looking for
- 1-2 years of experience in a customer support, success or account management role, ideally in a B2B or B2C environment
- A customer first mindset, demonstrating empathy and delivering exceptional customer experiences across the customer journey
- Proficiency with computer skills and CRM experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills and email/phone etiquette
- Excellent attention to detail, alongside the ability & willingness to work quickly
- Bonus: You have experience working within tax credits and accounting
- Base salary range for this position is $55,000 - $82,000 and is based upon years of experience that is commensurate with the level of the position
- Bonus that is commensurate with the level of the position
- Robust equity program with significant upside potential
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and 401k
MainStreet takes a holistic approach to small business management so you can grow smarter, not harder. We plug into your accounting and payroll systems to check for savings opportunities in unlikely places. From complex government tax credits to exclusive discounts on the tools you use every day, we save you thousands of dollars, hundreds of hours, and countless headaches.
Throughout the year, you’ll track expenses and savings through your MainStreet dashboard and tag us in on big purchases and contract negotiations. Come tax season, we’ll do the paperwork and even let your CPA take all the credit. Consider us your silent partner-in-savings, your financial secret weapon, your smart (not a) bank – whatever you want to call us. We’ve got your back so you can get back to building your business. ✨
Our $60M Series A
We’ve raised over $60M from an incredible community of partners, operators, and founders, including SignalFire (who led our Series A), Ryan Hoover (Product Hunt founder), Ashton Kutcher’s Sound Ventures, Des Traynor (Intercom co-founder), Gradient Ventures (a Google Venture Fund), Ron Conway’s fund SV Angel, Shrug Capital, and Tusk Ventures.
How we think about diversity
We try to make sure the diversity of our customers is reflected in the team that serves them. Because when we include people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, ages, and identities — we end up building a better experience for everyone who uses MainStreet.
We know we need to be intentional in our hiring practices in order to overcome systemic biases we may be blind to. So, if your lived experience has given you a unique perspective on business, startups, or any other aspect of our business – even if you don’t meet all the requirements – please still apply and let us know so we can make sure your application gets the attention it deserves.