Staff Software Engineer, Rider
Posted on Friday, February 2, 2024
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We’re on a mission to build a future where transportation is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Our electric bikes and scooters have powered 400+ million rides in 250+ cities on 5 continents, replacing an estimated 100+ million car trips. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company and Fast Company Brand That Matters, we achieved a fully profitable year in 2022, becoming the first in our industry to reach this milestone.
We are looking for an accomplished and forward-thinking Staff Engineer to become an integral part of the Rider Team. The rider team is the heart of Lime. We serve our riders from their first trip until they become power riders. As a pivotal member, you will wield significant influence in shaping both the engineering vision and the business landscape. The responsibility for steering the engineering culture, shaping the future of rider experiences, and propelling the growth of Lime's micromobility platform rests squarely in your capable hands.
Step into the role of a Staff Engineer, where you'll make impactful choices on backend-mobile interfaces, tech choices, and processes. Dive into cool projects, from major innovations to scaling up successful initiatives like revamping interfaces for smoother rider experiences, supercharging swapstations for easy battery swaps and rider discounts, and streamlining parking and onboarding to enhance Lime's user-friendliness. Your mission? Elevate testing, code quality, and proudly showcase these innovations to friends and family in real life. Ready for the ride?
What you'll do:
- Identify, define, and solve mission-critical consumer-facing rider problems, including architecting and building highly scalable foundational product platforms, spearheading new product initiatives, and revamping core rider experiences.
- Guide and inspire Lime's engineers, fostering mentorship, and nurturing emerging leaders.
- Proactively recognize needs several years out, and establish long-term roadmaps to keep our technical investments tracking the needs of the business.
- Identify and manage the resolution of bottlenecks, and influence others (prioritization/staffing) to enhance the larger organization.
- Play a key role in influencing the company's engineering culture.
- Provide strategic counsel to Lime's management team, offering insights on crucial technology adoption and recommending process enhancements.
- 8+ years of industry professional software engineering experience and a track record of building and maintaining successful products.
- Visionary Leader for long-term technical vision and roadmap.
- Exceptional decision-maker. Proven track record of being consistently right with strong judgment.
- Introspective. Actively seeks diverse perspectives and challenges own beliefs.
- Effective communicator. Clearly communicates technical and non-technical topics.
- Problem Solver. Collaborates closely with product and engineering management to solve business and organizational difficulties.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $176,000.00 to $242,000.00. Equity and benefits may be provided as part of the compensation package, depending on the position offered. Not all candidates will be eligible for the upper end of the salary range. Exact salary will ultimately depend on multiple factors, which may include the successful candidate's skills, experience and other qualifications as well as the candidate's location of residence. In addition to base salary, some roles may be eligible for a variable bonus based on a combination of company performance, employee performance, and management discretion.
When you join Lime, you join a global community of smart, caring, talented individuals working together to deliver world-changing results; striving to create an experience that enables Limers to do their best work. Here are some ways we support and invest in our team:
Competitive salaries, performance-based annual bonus and pre-IPO equity
Health and wellness offerings for all team members starting day one including access to top-tier fitness and mindfulness apps
Flexible vacation policies with ample paid holidays tailored to country of residence
Fully-paid leave following the birth or adoption of a child and financial, medical and educational support for Limers pursuing parenthood
Support for retirement and financial goals with unlimited access to financial advisors
Unlimited, complimentary use of our vehicles in hundreds of cities around the world
Professional growth opportunities through quarterly learning days and top-tier tools
Opportunities to connect across teams and locations to network, socialize and volunteer
Culture of belonging with Employee Resource Groups that engage and promote cultural awareness and DEI training across all functions
Consistent recognition of great work through meaningful rewards and career advancements
Benefits and perks vary depending on the nature of your employment and country of residence. Terms and conditions may apply.
If you want to make an impact, Lime is the place for you. Not sure if you meet all the qualifications? If this role excites you we encourage you to apply. Explore all opportunities on our career page.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s just the start. We believe different perspectives help us grow and achieve more. That’s why we’re dedicated to hiring and developing the most talented and globally diverse team – which includes individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities and experiences.