Sr. Manager, Content & Knowledge - Berlin
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We’re on a mission to build a future where transportation is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Our electric bikes and scooters have powered 400+ million rides in 250+ cities on 5 continents, replacing an estimated 100+ million car trips. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company and Fast Company Brand That Matters, we achieved a fully profitable year in 2022, becoming the first in our industry to reach this milestone.
Lime is hiring a Senior Manager of Content & Knowledge to join our Policy and Communications team. In this role, you will play a key role managing, writing/editing, and optimizing content used in Lime’s competitive RFP/tender responses and permit applications. You will also undertake cross-functional projects to better capture, research, organize, archive, and report internal and external data, documentation, and information. This highly networked role requires effective collaboration across all departments – technology, government relations, operations, and other business units – and exceptional strategic and organizational thinking.
As a key contributor of Lime’s Central Policy Team, you will report to the Director of Proposals (EMEA). This is an internal-facing position. You will be responsible for managing our content database (Loopio, Google Drive) and other archives; interfacing with cross-functional teams to develop, write, design, and update content; researching and implementing content & knowledge management processes and tools; and supporting inbound requests from proposal and policy team members as a subject matter expert.
The ideal candidate will have expert organization, communication, writing/copyediting, and information literacy skills. You will have demonstrated experience designing, implementing, and administering content/asset archives. You are an exceptional and creative communicator with experience delivering knowledge sharing systems, best practices, and channels across cross-functional teams. You are an analytical, detail-oriented, process-based thinker with program and project management expertise.
This is a fully remote position with a strong preference for candidates located within the EU or UK. Exceptional candidates located in the Eastern/Central time zones may also be considered.
What you’ll do:
- Manage the Lime policy team’s content and asset databases, acting as a system administrator and chief reference librarian responsible for library architecture, integrity, accuracy, and usability.
- Develop a centralized content & knowledge management framework that integrates content, information, best practices, and reference resources
- Collaborate with cross-functional subject matter experts to develop, write, edit, design and validate content and graphics used in RFPs, pitch documents, white papers, and reports
- Implement best practices and tools for knowledge documentation and sharing
- Develop best practices to organize, update, and manage content in other languages, including French, Spanish, Italian, and German
- Support RFP teams with strategic document reviews, analysis, and content capture
- Establish a competitive intelligence framework, including tooling and best practices for competitor research and analysis
- Collaborate with data teams to manage and improve data dashboards
- Maintain, improve, and support team databases
- Other duties as assigned, such as creating team playbooks, writing and sharing newsletters, leading research and reporting projects, and liaising with cross-functional teams like engineering, data & research, product management, marketing & brand, and operations
- Establish and maintain effective and collaborative working relationships throughout the global organization
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and effectively handle multiple time-sensitive requests
- 4+ years experience in knowledge management, tendering/proposals/grant writing, communications, or program management
- Experience working within a start-up/scale-up organization preferred
- Proven track record of managing content databases, experience with RFP content management systems like Loopio, RFPio, etc. a huge plus
- Highly organized, detail-oriented multi-tasker
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English, with graphic design experience a plus
- Process-based thinker with exceptional organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong interest in process improvement and designing tools and practices for accessibility and ease of use
- Independent self-starter with effective people and negotiation skills
- Bachelor's Degree, ideally in communications, languages, humanities, or library science
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to adapt to different communication styles are required
- Entrepreneurial and resourceful, with high tolerance for ambiguity and complexity, and efficient with limited resources
- Analytical and strategic in nature
- Ability to discern the cost-benefit analysis of your time and the company resources
- Native/fluent English skills, with additional European languages a huge plus (French, Spanish, Italian, German)
When you join Lime, you join a global community of smart, caring, talented individuals working together to deliver world-changing results; striving to create an experience that enables Limers to do their best work. Here are some ways we support and invest in our team:
Competitive salaries, performance-based annual bonus and pre-IPO equity
Health and wellness offerings for all team members starting day one including access to top-tier fitness and mindfulness apps
Flexible vacation policies with ample paid holidays tailored to country of residence
Fully-paid leave following the birth or adoption of a child and financial, medical and educational support for Limers pursuing parenthood
Support for retirement and financial goals with unlimited access to financial advisors
Unlimited, complimentary use of our vehicles in hundreds of cities around the world
Professional growth opportunities through quarterly learning days and top-tier tools
Opportunities to connect across teams and locations to network, socialize and volunteer
Culture of belonging with Employee Resource Groups that engage and promote cultural awareness and DEI training across all functions
Consistent recognition of great work through meaningful rewards and career advancements
Benefits and perks vary depending on the nature of your employment and country of residence. Terms and conditions may apply.
If you want to make an impact, Lime is the place for you. Not sure if you meet all the qualifications? If this role excites you we encourage you to apply. Explore all opportunities on our career page.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s just the start. We believe different perspectives help us grow and achieve more. That’s why we’re dedicated to hiring and developing the most talented and globally diverse team – which includes individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities and experiences.