Customer Support Specialist
Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, Poland, or Portugal. Certain roles have specific location requirements to facilitate collaboration at a particular Grammarly hub.
All roles have an in-person component: Conditions permitting, teams meet 2–4 weeks every quarter at one of Grammarly’s hubs in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a workspace in Kraków. This flexible approach gives team members the best of both worlds: plenty of focus time along with in-person collaboration that fosters trust and unlocks creativity.
Grammarly team members in this role must be based in Poland, and they must be able to collaborate in person 2 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub(s) where the team is based.
Every day, tens of millions of people and 50,000 professional teams rely on Grammarly’s AI-enabled communication assistance to help them communicate confidently and achieve their goals. Our team members have the autonomy to take on exciting challenges in pursuit of our mission to improve lives by improving communication. Together, we’re building on more than a decade of steady growth and profitability. We’re defining the communication assistance category for individuals, enterprises, and developers with tailored service offerings: Grammarly Premium, Grammarly Business, Grammarly for Education, and Grammarly for Developers. All of this begins with our team collaborating in an inclusive, values-driven, and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Customer Support Specialist to join our Customer Support team and provide timely, empathetic help that keeps the customer’s needs at the forefront of every interaction. This role includes assistance in planning, installation, training, troubleshooting, maintenance, upgrading, and disposal of a product. The Customer Support Specialist will be responsible for maintaining positive customer relations and satisfaction by providing service via email (helpdesk) and working with the rest of the Grammarly teams.
Our Customer Support team provides timely, empathetic help that keeps the customer’s needs at the forefront of every interaction. This role includes assistance in product-related issues, including planning, installation, training, troubleshooting, maintenance, upgrading, and offboarding.
We are looking for a highly motivated, goal-oriented individual to join our team. This person will be responsible for maintaining positive customer relations and satisfaction by providing service via email (helpdesk) and working with the rest of the Grammarly teams. You will have a direct impact on improving Grammarly’s product offerings and refining Customer Support solutions.
- Within the first 30 days, you will get familiar with the product, support tools, workflows, and all user interaction types.
- By month three, you will autonomously troubleshoot a variety of low- and medium- complexity cases.
- By month six, you will contribute to the team's OKRs by demonstrating high standards in speed and quality of solving all user interaction types.
- By the end of year one, you will help boost team efficiency by improving customer service procedures, policies, and standards.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is able to collaborate in person 2 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub where the team is based. Please note that our Kyiv hub is currently closed, and we hope the time comes soon when our team can meet again there. In the meantime, we will not require anyone living in Ukraine to travel for in-person time until it's safe.
- Wakes up in the morning wanting to provide exceptional service experience.
- Has excellent written and spoken English.
- Is a good communicator with strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Has strong reading comprehension and attention to detail.
- Has customer service experience and familiarity with tools like Zendesk, JIRA, etc. (This is not required but is a plus!)
- Has a background in business or humanities.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We believe that autonomy and trust are key to empowering our team members to do their best, most innovative work in a way that aligns with their interests, talents, and well-being. We also support professional development and advancement with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. Our remote-first hybrid model enables a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER (ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable) values. We work to foster belonging among team members in a variety of ways. This includes our employee resource groups, Grammarly Circles, which promote connection among those with shared identities including BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ team members, women, and parents. We also celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific programs.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. Grammarly is an equal opportunity company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, criminal prosecution, judgment in a criminal case, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more details about the personal data Grammarly collects during the recruitment process, for what purposes, and how you can address your rights, please see the Grammarly Data Privacy Notice for Candidates here.
Please note that Grammarly’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires that all team members in North America be vaccinated against COVID-19 to meet in person for Grammarly business or to work from a North America hub location. Qualified candidates in North America who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief may request a reasonable accommodation to this policy. In Europe, all team members meeting in person for official Grammarly business or working from a hub location are strongly encouraged to be vaccinated and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
Something looks off?